If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, December 14, 2020

My Weekend

 


On Saturday we slept in a little and then took off on our normal Saturday outing. First we went to the post office, then to the Golden Turtle Chocolate Factory and got some chocolate covered cherries for his mom for her birthday (these are her favorite and we get them every year for her birthday).  

 We went to lunch at Fazoli's and the food was delicious!

Three Cheese Chicken Pasta for me

Spaghetti and Meatballs for hubby

Then hubby dropped me off at Wal-mart to pick up a few things, then Kohl's to get his mom's Christmas gift.  Then he dropped me off at Kroger to pick up some gift cards.  Stopped at Starbucks on the way home and then home for the rest of the day.  

We watched watched The Nativity.  I love this movie so much.  It helps me imagine a little of what life was like at that time and what Mary and Joseph went through.  Sometimes I feel like our world is so messed up, but it was even worse (in my opinion) in Jesus' time.  I'm so glad He came to bring light to the world and that light is still here.  I can't imagine not believing in Him and trusting that He's got me and this whole wide terrible, wonderful world in his hands.  He has not been surprised by anything that has happened in 2020.  I don't even pretend to understand all the reasons for all that is happening in this world.  But this I do know.  He loves us and He's got this! 

My Snowman family got new hats on Saturday too.  Aren't they cute?


On Sunday we went to church and then Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and then I ran and got a much needed haircut.  Then we both had a nap and back to church.

That's pretty much my weekend.  I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did ours.

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. I love your snowman family and so glad you had a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A place called Golden Turtle Chocolate factory sounds like a big winner.
    Do you know - I've never seen that movie The Nativity - we always say we're going to watch it during the holidays & we jsut never do. Is it streaming anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to watch it. It is really good. I won't say it's 100% accurate, but it really makes you think. I don't know if it's streaming as we watched it on DVD.

      Delete
  3. Someone at Bible study this morning was talking about The Nativity. I've not seen it, but would like to. We love Sunday afternoon naps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your snowmen...they're adorable! Chocolate turtles are one of my favorites. Sounds like a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Love the snowmen hats. I hope they don't melt. LOL. We love Sunday afternoon naps too, but we love naps every afternoon...we're retired. I missed mine today because we had our ladies' Bible study and then I had things to do. Now I am ready for bed and it's only 6:30 LOL. I haven't seen the movie "The Nativity". I must try to find it. Take care and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your three snowmen are SO cute!! We used to have at Fazoli's here in Lakeland but it closed after about two years. Hated to see it go. Yum to chocolate covered cherries and turtles! 'The Nativity' is in our stack of movies to watch. We will wait until closer to Christmas for it. A favorite here too. Our Pastor just preached about how bad things were back then and how horrid Herod was. It was actually very dangerous for everyone. The Nativity shows us a bit of that so I agree with you! Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spaghetti would be calling my name if we hadn't just had it for supper. I was having a craving today. I'm with you...I have no idea how people can get through these times without the Lord. He is the Anchor of my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Nativity is a beautiful Christmas movie. I hope to see it with my grands. The food looks so good. We have no dining out again. Only take out. CA has such tight restrictions, but Covid is high over here. The snowmen are cute! I am finally getting better. I am thankful I did not get Covid, but I must have had some flu bug. I have to mask up around my grands now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've not heard of this movie. I will have to check for it online. Love thise hats!!! And your meals look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy