If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Tuesday 4 - Christmas Traditions & Memories


Today I am joining in for Tuesday 4, begun by Toni Taddeo and kept in her memory. Thank you Annie.

1. Do you have a favorite Christmas carol and if so is there a particular version you especially like? My favorite carols are Away in the Manger and Silent Night.  No particular artist...I just love the songs.

2.Do you have a special dinner for the holidays? What foods are included?  Typically we have ham, but we've been know to change it up from time to time.

3.Holiday movies ... which do you like to watch?  Our must see movie is White Christmas!

4. What traditions do you continue to keep year after year for the holidays?  Being with family when possible.  Of course, the girls live far away now so we have to be satisfied with video chats.  Maybe after I retire we can travel to see them for the holidays.  This year we will be going to hubby's mom's house (which is our yearly Christmas Day tradition).  As far as I know it will just be the 3 of us (Covid, you know).

Merry Christmas to all!

Cathy


11 comments:

  1. My mom is coming to our house and it will just be the 4 of us, me, myself, my son and my mom. That is what we did Thanksgiving also. I hate covid. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you have a good time with those who are there. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. Hi Cathy, White Christmas is nostalgic for me. It reminds me of my parents. Those were the good old movies with big musical productions made with class. I like your tree! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that tree is from several years ago. We have a much smaller one now. But thank you for your kind words. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. No matter how big or small, it's the Spirit of Christmas that matters. And hopefully next year will be totally different!! Praying you have a wonderful Christmas no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love White Christmas, too! Aren't video calls the next best thing to being there? How blessed we are to enjoy this technology.
    After years of living nearly 2,000 miles away, being with my son and family is the best gift I could imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are and I'm quite fine with that too as I know they are happy and that makes me happy.

      Delete
  5. I love White Christmas! I'm a big fan of Bing at any time in any movie, but at Christmas I always tell the kids, it ain't Christmas till Bing sings White Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw A White christmas as an option on netflix & thought of you. I need to watch it again myself

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy Christmas with your mom!! It is great that you still have her and she is close enough to share the holiday! I enjoyed your Tuesday 4!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy