If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, January 4, 2021

It's 2021 - Already Day 4

 Time seems to go faster and faster the older I get.  I've heard that all my life, and I'm finding out it really is true.  We had a nice weekend, mostly quiet and mostly just hubby and me together.  I did visit my sister a couple of times and of course there was church, but otherwise it was hubby and I.  We did make it until midnight on New Year's Eve (just barely).  

I haven't picked a Word for the year in a couple of years, but this year, I feel compelled to believe that God gave me the word FEARLESS.  When it first came to mind, I tried to ignore it.  Mostly because if God is saying be fearless, then I'm afraid that something is going to happen that's going to make me afraid.  Then I decided whether I choose to meditate on the scriptures that tell me not to be afraid or not, that whatever is going to happen is going to happen anyway.  So I figure I might as well prepare for it.

Now, I don't know that anything is going to happen, but I do know I have some anxiety over retiring and whatever that may mean for us and also trying to get insurance for hubby.  I really feel God is trying to tell me to just trust Him with it all.  He's never failed us and has always provided all our needs.  I don't believe He is going to quit now.

Also, hubby and I were talking the other day and I told him we are the son and daughter of the King of Kings.  Really, what do we have to be afraid of?  He agree 100%.

So this daughter of the King is going to try to trust Him and try to be fearless in the upcoming year.

Do you have a word for 2021?  

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. A great word and good thoughts on it! God tells us not to fear more than anything else so I reckon he doesn't want us to. I think that falls under my umbrella word of Abundance. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I've been told there are 366 Fear Nots in the Bible which is one for each day and even an extra one for Leap Year! God never misses anything!.

      Delete
  2. And I BELIEVE your word FEARLESS goes right along with my word BELIEVE! If we BELIEVE in the Lord, we should be Fearless!! Fear not! God will definitely take care of you in 2021 just as He has been doing for all of your life. He does not change!! You can BELIEVE it or not!! I choose to BELIEVE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I choose to BELIEVE too which helps me be FEARLESS.

      Delete
  3. I haven't done a "word" in a couple of years and don't have one for this year. Maybe it will come to me. I do trust in God! Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't either Terri, but I just couldn't seem to get away from this word this time.

      Delete
  4. I love when God lets you know - THIS IS IT - I was pondering a few words & God totally showed me the word STRONG /STRENGTH for this year. I had like 5 words & then in one day, every scripture that came through my devotional was about STRENGTH - no joke. I laughed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy