If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2021

Thankful Thursday

 

Click here, here and/or here to link up.

Things I am thankful for today:

*  Elijah Bible Study:  So enjoying this Bible Study by Priscilla Shirer.  We are over halfway through and it just seems to be getting better as we go.  If you're looking for a video driven Bible Study I would definitely recommend this one.  

*  Women of the Bible Study Group:  I think this is also the reason for enjoying the above Bible Study.  This group of women are so fun to be with and so want to learn all they can about living for the Lord.  They are all different ages and in all stages of life and from all different churches.  I learn so much during our discussions.  I just feel so blessed to get to do Bible Study with each one.

*  TV Time with hubby in the evenings:  This may seem silly, but I so enjoy this time with my husband in the evenings.  We just relax and watch TV and laugh and talk.  Again, I just feel so blessed that we have this time together.

*  Each one of you:  I so enjoy reading your blogs and feel honored that you read mine.  I love getting to "know" you all here in blogland.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you are blessed today.  Of course, the very fact that we are breathing and moving shows we have already been blessed today.

Cathy

16 comments:

  1. I really need to get the Elijah bible study - I just love Priscilla & her teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out that study and my youngest grandson is named Elijah! We have a lot to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really good. The first week seemed a little cumbersome in the studies, but that was probably just me. It's really good now. So much truth and it's hitting where I am right now.

      Delete
  3. I love Priscilla Shirer, too! Our Bible study group, like yours, is a mixed bag of ages and personalities ... yet it all comes together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that it's so good when it's like that. The younger can learn from the older one's experiences and the younger can teach us about life today and remind us of how it was and we can learn so much from that.

      Delete
  4. I may be leading a group through Elijah after the holidays...I'm excited to do that with them! My pastor's wife leads a class and she is still on the road to recovering from Covid and pneumonia, so I may do it for her in her absence. I taught her class today and we talked about this study because it's what they want to do.

    I LOVE tv time with my husband at night...we have discussed having that in common before, but it's such a gift to both love and LIKE my husband and for us to want to spend time together. I just loved your post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer. You will definitely love the Elijah study. I feel she's teaching so much that I never really put together about his life and it explains why sometimes we have to go through the things that we do to prepare us for what God has prepared for us to do. I will be so curious to hear your thoughts if you do it.

      I can't imagine life without my best friend, my husband.

      Delete
  5. A lovely thankful list! I am thankful for YOU!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Terri. I'm thankful for you too.

      Delete
  6. I love my Bible studies, too.
    We often spend our evenings watching Jeopardy and then a movie. Wonderful and relaxing way to end our day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good Bible study - and a sweet group of ladies with whom you study - are such wonderful blessings!! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are absolutely right that if we are up and breathing, and have food and water, we are blessed. When people ask me in stores how I am, I always remark that I am great; I have food and water and no one shot at me today. They sometimes look shocked and then I can see on their faces that they realize how true that it is.
    I am trying to remember where you live in Ohio--I looked up your church once and I think we live within 50-75 miles from you! [Licking County]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Lebanon, halfway between Cincinnati and Dayton.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy