If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

Click above to link up.

1. Do you think intuition is as valuable as rational thinking? Explain why or why not. I think both are important.  

2. In the grand scheme of things it's more important to trust God and then rest than it is to worry about our problems.

3. Last place you went that felt like 'Grand Central Station'? Have you ever actually been to Grand Central Station (and by Grand Central Station I mean Grand Central Terminal)? Quite often my dead end street seems like Grand Central Station, especially when I'm out walking the dog right after work.  I guess everyone who lives on the street is coming home then too.  Man, it can sure be a madhouse!  No I have never been to Grand Central Terminal but I have been to the Cincinnati Union Terminal which is now a Museum but used to be a busy train terminal.  I posted these pictures from a trip there in December, 2011.  You can go here to check out that post.
Such a beautiful place.

Love these windows and humongous flag!

Beautiful mural inside (just part of it)

The girls looking at something.  Man I miss the days of doing stuff like this with them.

Model Train Exhibit for Christmas



4. October 6 is National Noodle Day. What's your favorite dish made with noodles and have you made/eaten this dish lately? Beef and noodles are my favorite.  We make it in a crock pot.  We cook a beef roast all day and then I make the noodles right before eating.  Sometimes we add sour cream to our servings before eating which makes them creamier or sometimes not.  Both ways are delicious.  We probably make this about once a month or so.

5. A time recently you had to really 'use your noodle'? Elaborate. Definitely right now while trying to get all the things done and ready for retirement.  So much to think about.

6. Insert your own random thought here.


So many times when I read the Bible, I think people like David and Elijah were superhero type people.  But honestly, they were just human like we are.  However, they truly listened to God and did what He said most of the time.  And that is exactly what I need to do.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. I've visited the station museum in Cincinnati. We loved the model train exhibit. Hope you have some time with both your girls and your grandson before too long. Have a great day!Thanks for voting for Hunley. It has been fun and slightly crazy lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've enjoyed voting and seeing how well Hunley's doing. The numbers are crazy!

      Delete
  2. You're making me hungry, Cathy! Because many of my childhood travels included train travel, I'd love to visit that station museum! How I wish my 'to-see' list wasn't so lengthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a neat place and there's a children's museum in there too that we took our girls too and was so fun. I wish I could have gone there when it was an active train station and taken a trip somewhere.

      Delete
  3. I love old train stations this one is lovely. Will try the beef recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your answers! Another fun Hodgepodge from our hostess, Ms. Joyce! Beef & noodles... Yum!! Will you share your recipe?! Happy Wednesday! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to get the recipe from hubby as he's the one that does the beef. I just boil the noodles in beef broth or consomme' or if I don't have it then water. I know it's usually a chuck roast but he seasons it and then when it's closed to finished we add mushrooms.

      Delete
  5. We have been to that place, and its pretty awesome. Thank you for the reminder in trusting GOD. Indeed and something that I will admit too--I do have trouble with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, trusting God is difficult sometimes, but then I realize, I might as well trust Him because I can't change the circumstances, only He can. I also know that He loves me and that helps a lot too.

      Delete
  6. That museum looks like a wonderful place to visit! I would love that. Especially at Christmas with the toy train exhibit. Beef and noodles sounds really good. Haven't had that in a long time. I just don't buy beef roasts that much anymore as they have gotten so expensive. But I do love it when I can get it. Excellent thoughts. Ordinary people become extraordinary when they let go and let God be in charge! I know you are getting anxious for retirement. I never thought we'd be able to survive financially, but God surely has helped us beyond what I ever dreamed. So very thankful. But it is a one day at a time thing. We definitely have to practice our faith! Have a blessed week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank your for your kind words of encouragement. I believe that God will take care of us and I'm trying not to worry.

      Delete
  7. yum beef and noodles sounds so good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Hoping to make them next week. I need to pick up a roast this weekend.

      Delete
  8. Like reading your answers and I enjoyed the photos too! Your beef and noodles sounds delicious. Yes, getting ready for retirement is not an easy task. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy