If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. It's March 15th and as the saying goes-"Beware the Ides of March". Have you read or studied much Shakespeare? Do you have a favorite Shakespeare play? How do you feel about a Caesar salad? I haven't read much Shakespeare, but I did see "The Tempest" performed live in Cincinnati many years ago.  I really don't have a favorite, but if I had to pick it would probably be "The Taming of the Shrew".  I loved the movie Kiss Me Kate which was a musical where a group were making a musical of "The Taming of the Shrew"  Caesar salad is okay, but something I rarely chose.  I'd rather just have a regular salad with ranch dressing.

2. Have you ever been to Rome? If so what do you love about the city? If not, any desire to go?   No, unless you count Rome, Georgia.  lol  No I really have no desire to go to Rome.

3. What's your favorite place to 'roam'? Back roads most anywhere and a real favorite is in Ohio Amish countryside, especially on wash day.  It's so pretty to see the colors of clothing and quilts hanging on the lines.

4. Do you like pizza? Thick or thin crust? Red sauce-white sauce-other? Your favorite toppings? How do you feel about pineapple on a pizza? Yes, I like pizza and I prefer a medium crust (I do not like cracker think crust very well.  Red Sauce, with lots of cheese,  tomatoes, mushrooms, black olives and if a meet, Italian sausage is a favorite.  I also love a good Hawaiian Pizza, so I do like pineapple on pizza.

5. 'Rome wasn't built in a day'...tell us how this expression applies to something in your home-life-job currently (or recently)? It's taking a long time to go through and downsize all the stuff in our home.

6. Insert your own random thought here. I love the words to this song and it is so very true.



You can click the button at the top to join in with Joyce for the Hodgepodge.  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. I like your country roads ~ I bet that is fun to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sandi Patty and especially her singing We Shall Behold Him. A friend sang that at my dad's funeral and I always think of him when I hear it. I enjoy a drive through the countryside too. Good luck with your clean out. It's a job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to hear her sing most anything and We Shall Behold Him is a beautiful song.

      Delete
  3. Love Sandi Patti. Love country roads in Ohio, especially Amish country. We used to live in the Ashland area and had Amish farms all around us there. Loved to see/hear the horse and buggies clip clopping down the road every day. I miss that here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a beautiful area and I hope we take a day and go up there soon.

      Delete
  4. I so love this song! Thank you for introducing me to her, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoyed reading your answers. Yes, that must be nice to see in the Amish Countryside. Your pizza sounds delicious. You are right about downsizing. It is not easy at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it's not, but I'm doing a little at a time.

      Delete
  6. Amish country always makes for a lovely day trip. We do have some communities here in Florida. Downsizing is never easy. Good luck! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amish country does make for a great drive. I've only had that experience once. Sandi Patty has such an amazing voice. Happy Hodgepodge to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answers. I didn't know there was a Rome Georgia...you learn something new everyday. Yes. I love back roads. Amish country is amazing. My hubby's family lives in the midst of it in Indiana. I'll have to listen that Sandy Patty Song. I used to listen to her all the time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy