If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2022

Bits of This and That

 Hubby and I enjoyed a quiet weekend again.  On Friday we picked up his mom and went to lunch and visited for awhile.  We went to McAlister's.  All three of us got different sandwiches and soups.  It was a very good lunch and the conversations were even better.

On Saturday I got up for an early morning walk and again there was a beautiful sunrise.  Later we grabbed lunch at Chili's and I ran into Walmart to get some things and then home.

The moon was still out too.

I love this picture with the church steeple in it.

Sunday we were at church for morning and evening services and we both had a nap in between. Below is Sunday's sermon from YouTube, if you're interested.


All throughout the weekend, if we had some quiet time, I was reading.  I read two books and am over halfway through a 3rd book (grant it, they are not long books, but I sure enjoyed each one.).  I am so enjoying my Kindle and these books my sister loaned to me from her Kindle library.  




Well that was our weekend. I hope you'll share something from your weekend with me. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a very pleasant weekend. So nice that you and your hubby are able to take his Mother out to lunch and enjoy that time with her. I am sure it means a lot to her. You are a good daughter in law. I miss my MIL. We spent more time with her than I was ever able to do with my own mother, due to working ,distance, etc., and my mother passed away quite a few years before my MIL. So I got pretty close to my MIL, and even with all of her idiosyncracies due to aging, dementia and sometimes just plain old orneriness, we had a good relationship and I was more like a daughter to her than a DIL. I was blessed to have her in my life. Oh, our weekend? Well you saw that we met Linda and her hubby, and that was definitely the highlight of the weekend. We also went to church and out to eat after with our kids and some others from church. Came home and our other son was here for a little while before he went back to his new "home" where he works. He comes home on weekends for few hours to do his laundry and takes care of our lawn and/or other things that need doing. It's always good to see him . Hope you have a wonderful week. I love the pictures of your skies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My MIL is pretty awesome and so fun to be around. I definitely am blessed. Your weekend sounds really nice and it's good to get time with your kids and I know you and Linda along with your husbands must have had a great time.

      Delete
  2. Your relationship with your MIL is enviable! And what a blessing that is for your hubby; I don't think too many men can say that. We've a McAlister's Deli here, but haven't tried it. What do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like their club wrap and their chicken and dumpling soup. Also their broccoli and cheese soup is really good too.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a great weekend and hey, three books is three books no matter how long they are! I had a lot of kid time this weekend so didn't do any reading. I'm going to start another book this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the 3rd one and started another this afternoon. I hope you get time to read too.

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a perfect weekend. I love the photos you shared. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a nice weekend. I love the photos you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with everyone that it sounds like a great weekend! I haven't been to Chili's in ages! May have to fix that! Beautiful photos of the moon and sun! Thanks for sharing them!! Have a blessed week!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy