If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2022

Saturday 9

Jack and Diane

From Sam Winters, "Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!"     
I have never participated in this meme (as I typically don't post on the weekend) but I have read other's posts before.  Thought I'd try it out today.  Click here if you want to link up.  

Jack and Diane (1982)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) The video for this song features lots of snapshots. Do you have many physical photo albums? I do have several physical albums as I used to do a lot of scrapbooking when my girls were younger.  I also have some photos in boxes.  Or do you store your pictures digitally?  Most of the pictures I've taken in the past 10 years or so are digital and stored that way.
 
2) This song tells the story of "two American kids growing up in the heartland." Young Jack dreams of being a football star. When you were in high school, did you fantasize about stardom? Sure I did.    If yes, what were you going to be famous for?  My dream was to travel and sing Southern Gospel Music in a group.

3) Diane wears Bobbie Brooks slacks (at least briefly). Bobbie Brooks is a popular brand at Walmart. If you had a $50 gift card for Walmart, would you be more likely to use it toward groceries, clothes, household items, or electronics? I'd use it to purchase whatever we may need at that time.

4) They go to the Tasty Freeze. If you were to run out for fast food right now, where would you go?  Well, we're getting ready to go meet our daughter for lunch at Chili's soon.  She's in Ohio helping a friend for a few days and we're going to meet for lunch.  She wants to treat us for our birthdays which are both in August.

5) When John Mellencamp made this record, he was known professionally as "John Cougar," a stage name suggested by his manager. He has said that adopting a stage name is something he regrets. Looking over your life, if you could take a "do over," what one thing would you like to do differently?  I wouldn't change much of anything because I like our life the way it is.  But if I were to change, it would be to come to know Jesus personally, a lot sooner than I did.
 
6) Even though he suffered a heart attack, John Mellencamp continues to smoke, admitting that nicotine is something he simply can't kick. Do you have a habit you wish you could break? The way I eat.  I'm eating better most of the time now, but I really need to do a lot better.
 
7) John's daughter Teddi was one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. She went on to join the cast of Big Brother. Do you watch any reality shows?  The only one I watch semi-regularly is "Survivor".

8) In 1982, when this song was popular, William Windsor was born. He's better known by his job title. Without looking it up, do you know who he is?  Prince William
 
9) Random question: What do you do when you can't sleep? Read my Kindle or look at my iPad.  

Thanks for visiting and thank you Sam Winters for letting me participate in this meme.

Cathy

22 comments:

  1. Always nice to meet a Survivor fan. We have seen all the episodes. Have a nice time with your daughter. My friend just brought over my purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your response to #5! Even though I was brought up in the church, the lessons barely registered. I'm so grateful all that's changed! Enjoy that birthday lunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found it. Thanks Myra and we had a really nice time with our daughter.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to Saturday 9! How nice of your daughter to treat you for your birthdays. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really should have thought of your answer to #5 but I guess God knows when we're ready much better than we do!

    Have a wonderful lunch with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another Survivor fan. My son has watched it since the first one and so I watch with him. I probably would not watch if he didn't live with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband doesn't care for it, so I usually watch it on my computer at some other time.

      Delete
  6. (thanks for commenting on my entry...try tomorrow's Sunday Stealing too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would LOVE to do #2. I love to sing. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think Blogger's spam gremlin ate my comment. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep having that happen and I don't know why. I'll go check.

      Delete
  9. Welcome to Saturday 9! I watch Survivor, too. I wonder sometimes if folks from about 2000 on will be "lost" because the pictures will all be digital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make you wonder, doesn't it. Thank you. I enjoyed answering and reading others' answers.

      Delete
  10. Hope you had a great lunch with your daughter!! How nice that you all had that opportunity to celebrate birthdays and family!! I enjoyed your answers!! Have a blessed Sunday and week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girls! And... another singer! I love Gospel singing. "What a Friend We have in Jesus" is my favorite to sing. Part of it is up on my sewing room wall in a poster I printed out years ago. Have a lovely rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy