If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


1. Do you have a sister? Yes, I have a sister, actually I have 2 sisters. Tell us something about her. One sister is 5 years older than me and she has always been like a second mother to me (I mean this in the good way).  Before we married, we took most of our vacations together and we lived together too.  So we are very close.  My other sister is 3 years younger and the year I had cancer, she had several strokes and has been living in an Assisted Living Place ever since.  She has always been an artist and has painted some of the most beautiful paintings and I have several of them hanging in my home.  Both sisters love Jesus and I'm thankful I have them both.  If you don't have a sister, tell us about a friend who has been like a sister. Or tell us about a sister-in-law if you have one who is extra special. I also have 2 lovely sister-in-laws, who I don't get to see very often, but I love them both and enjoy being with them when we can.

2. Resister, assister, insister, persister...choose one of the words listed and explain how it relates to you and your life lately. Maybe resister would be me as I kinda resist too much change.

3. Share a favorite song, book, movie, or television program that features sisters. 
Well, of course it has to be "White Christmas" where they even sing a song about sisters.  They are 2 of my favorite sisters in the movies. Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen.


4. August 3rd is national watermelon day...are you a fan? Yes, I love watermelon. Do you like watermelon flavored candy? No, I do not like watermelon flavored candy.  Besides eating the melon as is, do you have a good recipe made with watermelon? No, I just like eating it cold and with some salt.

5. 'Tis August...what are three things you're looking forward to this month? 
My birthday
Hubby's birthday
No other plans, but just waking up alive every morning is worth looking forward to.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

Thanks for visiting today and if you'd like to link up with the Wednesday Hodgepodge click the button at the top of this post.

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. Everybody is a fan of the White Christmas song : ) My older sister is 7 years older than me and I get the mom reference. My younger sister and I are a year apart and while we're close it is a different kind of relationship than I have with my older sis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same with us. Relationships with both are good, but different.

      Delete
  2. I agree! Waking up to realize God's given us another new day is priceless. I've no siblings, but your sisters sound special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the your one sister and your were so close and so sorry to hear about your other sister and the strokes she had. As you know I picked the same song. Thanks for sharing the YouTube video. Makes me want to watch the movie right now. Happy Birthday to both of you. How sweet is that??? Love your random Bible quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. White Christmas was a fun musical for sure. Your birthday month, I do hope you have a wonderful celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you and your husband! Today is actually my husband's birthday!

    I didn't know eating watermelon with salt was a thing until this prompt. I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very good, but it also good without salt! Happy Birthday to our husband. Mine is actually today too.

      Delete
  6. I'm not a great fan of watermelon but I can't imagine putting salt on it. I don't put a lot of salt in or on my food because I have hypertension and I have to rein hubby in when he cooks as he would put a LOT of salt in everything - maybe even watermelon lol. Enjoy your birthdays this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a great fan of watermelon but I think I'd like it even less with salt on it. Hope you and your husband enjoy your birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so late in commenting on everyone's posts. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha...I meant to comment more but hit publish. I think I'm tired. I watched white Christmas for the first time last year...I know, I know! Haha. I really liked it. It was one of my grandmas' favorite movies.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy