If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


Click above to link up

1. August 24th is National Waffle Day...what's something you've 'waffled' on recently? Getting some new furniture for the livingroom.  Most of our chairs are getting really old and need to be replaced.  Still waffling on what I want to replace them with.

2. Do you like waffles? Make your own or 'leggo my Eggo? Any favorite toppings or add-ins? Waffles or pancakes-which do you prefer? I do like waffles but seldom eat them.  When on vacation and staying at a hotel with free breakfast, I will make waffles there if they include a waffle maker.  Rarely, do I buy frozen waffles.  As for toppings, just a little butter and maple syrup. I definitely prefer waffles over pancakes.

3. Do you have any momentos from this summer (or past summers)? What do you do with them? Momentos from the beach would be sharks teeth and some shells but that's not from summer as we go in November.  Usually I consider the pictures I take as momentos. 
Sharks teeth from last November's trip to Myrtle Beach


4. One thing you'd like to do before summer ends? Just enjoy each day and whatever we may be doing.  

5. Life is too short to waste time worrying (something I need to work a little harder at). 

6. Insert your own random thought here. This girl took us to lunch on Saturday for both of our August birthdays.  It was so good to see her.
Not the greatest photo, but proof that we were actually in person together.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


13 comments:

  1. Wow look at all those shark teeth!! That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They are a lot of fun to search for.

      Delete
  2. Those shark teeth are so cool! Love this selfie because you all look so happy. Your girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't know how to spot shark teeth, cool. Glad you were treated by that sweet girl and enjoyed being together. Great verses to meditate on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm no expert at finding them, but it sure is fun trying.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful photo of the family! Really sweet of your daughter to take you both to lunch! And yes, I recognize the shark's teeth. I have a little bottle full of them from my days as a child collecting them at the beach. Those were some fun times. I'm glad you have them as a reminder of happy days as well. We sometimes eat the frozen eggo waffles for breakfast, and like you just a little butter and maple syrup. I like to eat them with some eggs and sausage (or bacon if I have it) so balance it out with some protein. IT makes for a nice breakfast once in a while without a lot of fuss. I love the Philippians quote. One of my favorites. Good luck with the furniture search! Be sure to take pictures when you do...before and after! LOL. Have a blessed rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice photo! I agree with you about the waffles. I collected shells when we went to the beach on my birthday. I also water colored in my Bible that day. Thanks for the Bible verse too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your Bible paintings that I've seen on your blog.

      Delete
  6. That is a great photo of you three and the joy and love spills right out of your faces!! Happy birthdays! I'm not overly fond of waffles or pancakes but will eat them now and then - with lots of butter and syrup!! Joyce gave us another fun Hodgepodge! I enjoyed your responses!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you find something you like. Wow on the shark teeth! How wonderful to have that time with your daughter and going out to eat. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy