If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, September 5, 2022

Bits of This and That

Happy Labor Day!   Hubby and I had a really nice weekend.  On Saturday we met my sister and her husband and had lunch together.  Later my sister and I went and put fall flowers on mom and dad's grave and also at my brother's site.  I didn't take any pictures this time but they were a beautiful fall orange color.

Finished a book - Infatuation by Jean Kuhnke and then started another one by her called Freya (update:  Actually, I finished this around 4:00 this morning, as we were having lots of thunder, which makes the dog bark, which keeps me up. lol).  My sister found her books (I think she said that she has written over 30 some books so far) and really liked them and she has eventually bought all of them in the Kindle version.  We figured out how to loan Kindle books and she's sending them to me to read now, a few at a time.  So far, most of the ones I've read have been less than 200 pages.  She is a Christian author and she writes a lot of her stories from the mid to late 1800's  history, but at least one I've read has been more modern day.  She is still actively writing, so I'm sure she will be someone I will read for a long time.

  
Images from Amazon (Internet)

Started our annual (however, we missed it last year) Harry Potter Marathon.  We watch one every Saturday night until we're finished.  We should be watching the last one on October 22 and we think the Christmas movies start the next week and vacation starts after that.

Image from Internet

Sunday we had 2 really good services and some Chinese for lunch and a good nap and some reading in between.  Below is hubby's morning sermon continuing on his Series from Hebrews.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. I have all the Harry Potter books and movies and prefer the books, grin. Your husbands' sermons are always good. I hope you have a beautiful day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda. I think we have all the Harry Potter books too, I've only read maybe 2 at most.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful verse. Have a lovely day. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, having your personal lending library! Would you believe, I've never seen any of the Harry Potter movies? I like the idea of a movie marathon, however. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Labor Day to you too! Sounds like a very nice Saturday. I'm sure the flowers look beautiful. We have never gotten into the Harry Potter movies. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that you do a Harry Potter marathon! Thanks for the book reviews. I'm not familiar with that author. Wishing you blessings this week and beyond! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't either. My sister found one of her books free on Amazon and liked the book she read and has since then bought them all. She's waiting for the next one to come out now.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy