If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Bits of This and That and Tuesday 4

Good Tuesday Morning:

I usually do this post on Mondays, but it just didn't work out yesterday.  Sharing a bit of our weekend here today.  Nothing big, but it was enjoyable.

On Friday, hubby and I met my sister and her husband for lunch at Rod's Capricorn Inn.  Rod's is no longer owned by Rod, but t still carries that name.  Just recently it changed hands again, but they serve the same food and it's very good.  It's kinda out in the boondocks (so to speak) and takes us about 30 minutes or so to get there.  Usually, it's a nice drive, but Friday it was pouring the rain.  But it was so worth it.  Their burgers are delicious and so are their fries.  We shared an order of fries because their portions are huge.  So huge that we didn't even eat all of ours.  I took the below photo from their website.  Let me tell you, this is not an exaggeration. And I don't think any of us ate this sandwich.  lol  Oh and by the way, the plate is full of fries with the burger laying on top.


After that, hubby and I went to our phone company and ended up getting new phones and I'm still trying to get it set-up the way I want it.  But it's got a much better camera than my last phone.  So I'm happy.  That evening we watched a Hallmark movie and just relaxed at home.  

On Saturday, we had absolutely beautiful weather.  We went and picked up hubby's mom and went and had Mexcan food at Chuy's for lunch.  That was good too!  After we got home, I left and met my sister and we went to the cemetery to put out some flowers.  It was definitely time to remove the Christmas decorations.

My brother, Larry

My aunt and uncle

My grandparents

Mom and Dad

Sunday was a good day with morning service and Sunday School and then home for a nap and back to church for the evening service.  Below is the pre-recording of the Sunday morning sermon.

Below is something I rarely do.  Take a selfie of myself.  But I love my new top that my sister gave me.  My sister is very good to me. I actually took the photo so I could show my sister how well it fits.  But here you go, I'm going to make you look at it.  lol

Taken at church Sunday morning.


Now, let's take a look at Tuesday 4.  Link is here.  Thanks Annie for another week of fun questions.

Time

 
Time flies and weeks just seem to fall by the way side faster and faster.    We all have time on our hands at some point and we all find that time gets away from us at other times.  It takes a lot of work to manage your time because it seems to be at odds with freedom and creativity in some ways.  

Perhaps we might talk about time and how we use it.

1.  Early to bed, early to rise?  Do you have usual times to go to bed and get up in the morning? How do they work out for you?  We usually try to be in bed by 11:00.  Often we don't make it, like last night for instance.  Lights didn't go off until after midnight.  As for the morning, hubby usually sets the alarm for 7:30, but I'm usually awake sometime between 5:00 and 6:30.  I swear, I didn't get up this early when I was working.  I have no idea why I wake up like this, but it's okay.

2. Ecclesiastes  says "To everything there is a season  and a time to every purpose under heaven."

How much time is devoted to work, housework, hobbies? What about religious pursuits like study, prayer, services? In other words,  how is your time apportioned?  I'm retired, so no work time.  Housework just depends on what is needing done.  Hobbies - blogging probably takes most of the time, but I do work in some crochet and other things as I want to.  I read my Bible most every day and I pray off and on all day.  I really don't have any of these things on a schedule since I'm retired.  In enjoy being able to do it when I want to'

3. Do you think you manage your time well or would you like to improve? How would you improve?  Oh, I'm sure I could improve...but I'm pretty content with the ways things are.

4. Do you think time travel is possible? Why or why not? No, I do not think time travel is possible, except for God does it.  He is in the past, the now and the future all at the same time.  He is already working on things for my problems, joys and issues coming in the next day, week, month, years, etc.  It's all in His hands and I have no desire to get there before He puts me there.  And I have no desire to go back in time either. 



Well, that's it for now.  Hope you have a great day!  I plan to.  Our Ladies' Bible Study starts tonight and I'm looking forward to it. 

Cathy

14 comments:

  1. WoW, that's a huge hamburger!! Enjoyed my visit hope you're enjoying a good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good day and thanks for your visit.

      Delete
  2. Cute top! ... but man,. that burger and fries is making my mouth water! I may be having to replace my Google Pixel sometime this year. What kind of phone did y'all get?
    Schedule? What's that?! I agree, since I retired 5 years ago (aside from the dogs' morning piddles) we pretty much take things as they come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. now I want fries!! Lovely selfie and how nice to see you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's some hamburger!! I bet it's all good!! And I LOVE your new top. That is really pretty and I think it looks wonderful on you! Thank you for sharing this selfie with us!! I think it is wonderful that you and your sister go to the cemetery and take care of the graves like that. We are not close enough to any of our relatives' graves to visit them and I feel badly about that. I enjoyed your answers to Tuesday 4. I think we all agree about housework...as needed...especially when company's coming! LOL. Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, housework as needed is right. Have a great rest of your week.

      Delete
  5. Such wonderful answers! I love the time travel answer too. God is in charge so He basically can do anything He pleases. I wish He would send Jesus soon. I loved reading this lovely post. Thank you so much for the share. Blessings for a beautiful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

      Delete
  6. We all seem to agree on the time travel question! Your lunches sound so good and that hamburger looks amazing. I love your top! Your sister has good taste and knows what you like! Awesome! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy, your outfit is so cute! That is some hamburger too! I like your answer to number 4. I need to go visit my parents' graves. Their part of the cemetery has flat headstones. My husband and I have already paid for our funeral arrangements. We do need to choose a headstone. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan. Their burgers are delicious, but if I get a burger there, I get a small one! They're all good though.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy