Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Top Ten Favorite People in the Bible
Top Ten Favorite People in the Bible, not including God or Jesus or the Holy Spirit. Of course they are the top and none can compare.
1. Mary (the mother of Jesus) - I love her because she was so willing to do what the angel told her. I want a willing heart like hers.
2. Esther - I'm doing Beth Moore's study on her right now. She was so young and afraid, but she put her life on the line to save her people. I want to be that brave, even when I'm afraid.
3. Ruth - I love reading Ruth. She was such a sweet person and loved her mother-in-law. I want to be that sweet and loyal.
4. Daniel - Daniel stood up for God and what he believed in, even at the risk of death in a lions den. God help me to be that faithful.
5. Abraham - He was willing to pack up family and all and follow the Lord and didn't even know where he was going - I want to follow God that willing and trust Him that much to take care of me.
6. David - God says David was a man after His own heart. Even when he messed up (and he did big time), he always returned to God and desired to serve Him. I would love to hear God say I am a woman after His own heart.
7. Peter - He loved Jesus so much and was so boisterous about serving Him. Then He denied Him 3 times when the going got rough, but he then humbled himself and became a great witness and preacher for the Lord. I want to always be humble and come back to God when I fail Him (because I know I will sometimes).
8. Saul/Paul - He was completely changed when He met Christ personally. I want my life changed because of Christ.
9. Noah - He built an ark out in the desert because He was obedient to God. I want to be that obedient.
10. Job - I believe God said he was perfect and upright. Oh to hear God say something like that about me. Wouldn't that be awesome!