If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.Romans 10:9 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.John 3:16
Linda is giving away an autographed copy of this book. Go here to enter the contest. Of course, if you don't go, that just gives me better odds to win. No, really, go enter. I don't think we want to miss an opportunity to read this.
My daughter posted this on her blog and I liked it so well, I asked her to be a guest poster on my blog. I love what she has to say and I believe you will too. Please read it and comment here or you can go toher blog to comment. She'll love it.
I remember, a few weeks ago, on a Saturday or Sunday night after I came home from work early, everyone was gone to Grandma's house, or church, or something, and I was home alone. So I went around the kitchen and fixed me a small dinner, then I sat down at our kitchen table and started to eat it. I reached into the napkin basket in the center of the table and pulled out a Taco Bell napkin. It just made me smile. Those kinds of things make me smile because it's what makes a house, a home. Different fast food napkins in the napkin basket, or the lawn chair that is sitting, out of place, right inside the back porch door. The different pieces of furniture that Grandpa made special for my mom... all the dozens of coasters sitting on all the wooden furniture so there is no way we can get any marks on them by sitting drinks right on the tables... (which we accidentally do sometimes anyway, but Mom is quick to point us to the nearest coaster available) The little creaks in the wood floors here and there that remind me when Grandpa, my uncle's Steve and Larry struggled to get the boards to go together in that one spot, and all the funny faces they were making...
The whole reason for our existence... Life. We come, and create a home. We get comfortable in it, but worry so much about perfecting it that we forget to be thankful for everything... What about the millions of families everywhere in the world that don't have to worry about getting water stains on their wood furniture, or worry about whether the lawn furniture is inside the house, or hear the creakiness of their wood floors... because they don't have any of that? They can't afford any of it, they don't have room for any of it.
So... stop and think. Look around your house or where ever you are sitting, and appreciate the little things you see that make your house yours. Tell me about them! I wanna know what your house feels like, what it looks like. No one cares about the dirt. You don't have to live on dirt floors. No one cares that there is McDonald's bags on the counter... Some don't know what a McDonald's is... I want to know the stuff that makes your home, YOURS. :)
I'm looking for some of your opinions. I got a notice on my blog the other day when I signed in, saying something to the effect that I have a lot of visitors to my blog and should consider adding AdSense to my blog to make some money. I've thought about doing this almost ever since I opened my blog almost 3 years ago.
I'm just curious. Have any of you done this and is it something you recommend. Does AdSense take over your blog? I know they decide what ads go on and that they kind of follow what you blog about, or at least that's my understanding. Is this true?
What is your experience with AdSense? I'd just like a little feedback from anyone that can give me some information about this.
1. Using what's in your frig right now what sort of meal would you be able to make for guests who are knocking at the front door this very minute? Grilled steaks and hotdogs. I have potato's in the bin (not the fridge), but the butter and sour cream for them is in the fridge.
2. What is something about yourself that you hope will change but that probably never will? I don't know. I don't wish to give up yet on anything that I hope to change about me.
3. What's something about yourself that you hope will never change?
My love for my husband
4. Do you usually send serious or funny greeting cards? Why? Depends on the situation. I do both regularly.
5. Bird watching, shell gathering, or star gazing- your choice for whiling away the hours?
6. Do you double or triple check things? If so, what? Double check - the door, windows, etc before leaving for vacation.
7. What's your favorite place for people watching? The mall.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I leave for vacation and to take our oldest back to college one week from today, so this will probably be my last Hodgepodge for a couple of weeks.
Click the button above to join in with Joyce and the Fun of Hodgepodge over at From this Side of the Pond. Come on...you know you want to.
1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why? I've worked for a local government agency for almost 35 years, so no thank you on working with another one. I'm content where I am.
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize? It's not easy, but I try because I figure if I don't forgive, it's not going to hurt them, but it's going to eat me up inside.
3. What is your favorite meatless supper? scrambled eggs, toast and jelly (it's what I had last night).
4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too. Nope, I'll be working and then going to church.
5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children? We'd get some new clothes and shoes usually. Yes, my kids did too when they were little.
6. Write a summer tongue twister.
Licking lips like lovely, lemony liquids.
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle?
I could watch after the incision part is finished.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This is the first tomato from my garden. It was absolutely delicious!!
Today is my birthday. Yay!! Kerri and I both had dentist appointments this morning. Not such a great thing to do on your birthday! But at least we neither had any cavities and now we have really clean teeth. So I guess it isn't all bad. :)
My sister just took me out for lunch. We had Mexican and it was really good and a nice break from work as I had just intended on having a frozen TV dinner. She's so good to me.
Hubby's taking me out for dinner tonight! Yay! Just me and him! Double Yay!!!
1. Share a favorite song lyric.
I better not see 'I can't think of one' on anybody's paper. That's an automatic F in the Wednesday Hodgepodge you know.
From "Mary Did You Know" written by Mark Lowry ...Did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod? And when you kiss your little baby, you've kissed the face of God? I love this song. The words are so thought provoking.
2. When was the last time someone yelled at you? Joyce just did above when she told us that we'd get an "F" if we didn't answer the above question. lol
3. Money, fame, happiness...are they mutually exclusive? No, I don't think so, but I know money and fame won't do it unless you have Jesus. He's the only way to true peace and happiness.
4. What is your favorite dish to prepare for family and friends that doesn't require turning on the stove, oven or an outdoor grill? Well if I can't cook I guess it would be fruit or chips and onion dip.
5. The first week of August is National Simplify Your Life Week. What is one thing you could do this week to simplify your life? Will you do it? Retire.....Will I do it this week....No, but I wish I could.
6. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being 100% and 1 being not at all) how tuned in are you to your country's national political scene? Maybe a 4.
7. What are your final parting words to the month of July? Good bye July. You've been pretty hot this year, and I'm glad you're gone now, even though you left your hotness for August to suffer with. But now I can enjoy August, the month of my birthday and my husband's birthday and the beginning of our vacation (which will end in September).
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I can't wait til August 24th when we leave for Florida and 14 days of wonderful vacation! I bet you can't guess where we're going. Here's a hint....