Be sure to click the Hodgepodge Button above to join Joyce and the rest of us for all this fun!
1. Did you know there is a National Day of pretty much everything in the universe? February 23 happens to be National Inconvenience Yourself Day...when was the last time you were inconvenienced?
Every time I have to get ready to go somewhere. I love to go and I love that I have a job, but I sure hate having to get ready. I mean, couldn't I just wear pj's or sweats to work and church, etc?
2. When a room in your house needs painting who does the job?
Hubby paints it and I get stuck with the trim work. Our girls will paint some now too (well at least their own rooms).
3. Are you friends with your cousins?
4. Do you use an alarm clock? If yes-is it an actual alarm, music, or something else?
Yes and hubby takes care of setting it, so it's on talk radio.
5. What do you put ketchup on?
Hotdogs and french fries
6. What smells make you nostalgic?
The smell of froot-loops cereal. Reminds me of the first time I ever ate them. It was at my grandparents home in Safety Harbor, Florida while we were on Christmas vacation break visiting them. Every time I smell them I think of Florida.
7. Have you heard about the high school English teacher recently suspended as a result of some things she wrote in her personal blog? You can read the story here but in a nutshell she vented a lot of frustration onto her blog. She didn't mention individual students by name but she did make some harsh comments about kids in general and their parents.
What are your thoughts-If you're a parent is your child's teacher online and are you 'friend' or 'follower' there? If you're a teacher are you on facebook and do you accept or friend students on fb? How about their parents? If you're a student are you friends with your current or former teachers online? Do any of them have blogs you read? If you're a teacher or a parent do you ever use your blog as a place to vent your frustrations with our educational system? So much to discuss...
I'm FB friends with some of my daughter's former teachers and also with some of her former classmates. I'm also a follower of some of the kids my kids are friends with. I try to be careful of the things I say and comment on to other people's kids. I heard about this lady, but I haven't read her stuff. I do believe you need to be very careful of the things you say about your work place or the people you work with, whether you're a teacher or in any other profession.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Can I just say once again....I love my Kindle!