1. What are some memories you associate with spring?
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Wednesday, April 28, 2021
1. What are some memories you associate with spring?
Tuesday, April 27, 2021
The Times They are A-Changing
Welcome once again to Tuesday4 in memory of Toni Taddeo...Click here to link up.
Lets discuss the times we live in.
1. What changes are you grateful for? I'm very grateful for the internet and technology. If not for that I would not be able to talk with my girls and grandson "face-to-face" as we live so far apart. How have things changed in your life time? A great example is my work. When I started 45 years ago we used a manual typewriter and everything had a physical file...today everything is computerized and most files are digital and must easier to use and search. That's just one thing.
2. Did your parents have things better than you today? I'd say we're about equal. They had a good life and so do we.
3. What time period would you rather live in.. or are you okay with today? I want to live in the time period we are currently in. I believe I was made to be here now and have no desire to go back in time. Now, forward into the future....maybe?
4. What changes would you make for our time to make it nicer/better to live in? I would only wish that we would be kinder to each other and give each other more grace.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!
Friday, April 23, 2021
I don't really have any new photographs that I haven't already posted. But I thought I'd post this, because I sure would like to be there and seeing this right now.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great weekend!
Thursday, April 22, 2021
|Click here to link up.|
I'm very thankful for the Bible Study we had on Tuesday evening. It was about Joseph while he was in prison after Potiphar's wife lied on him. We were reminded that God was with Joseph through all of that time (when he was sold in slavery twice and then thrown in prison). God didn't remove him from those things, but He was with him and He was kind to him. He let all that Joseph did prosper. We were challenged to look for the times in our life that we see God's kindness. I think that kind of goes along with these Thankful Thursday posts and looking for things to be thankful for.
Then on Wednesday I was listening to a sermon by Priscilla Shirer from several years ago and she was talking about the children of Israel at the Red Sea and how Moses told them to stand still and see the salvation of the Lord. She said there are four things Moses told them to do.
1. Do not be afraid.
2. Stand still. (let God take control and do what He will do.)
3. Be watchful. (see the salvation of the Lord)
4. Be silent. (The Lord will fight for you)
If we are not afraid and we stand still and watch and be silent, we too will see the moving of God in our lives.
So I am very thankful for the access we have to the truths of God through the Bible and through those who lead these studies.
So what are you thankful for?
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
1. Find a penny. Look at the date and tell us something about your life or what you were doing that year? I have 3 pennies in my purse. The first two I checked are 2021 and the third is 2020. That's no fun. So I went looking and found a 1986 penny. I was working where I work now, but I was a dispatcher working all 3 shifts monthly (and would never want to work that again).and September 14, 1986 was my 10 year work anniversary. I wasn't married yet, in fact we hadn't even had a conversation yet, though I sang in his choir. I was 29 years old and lived with my sister in a cute little apartment in town.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Welcome to Tuesday 4 begun by Toni Taddeo and continued in her honor. Go here to link up.
Let's talk about your town this week!
1. Do you like your town? Yes, I do. Is it a city, town? It's a city. Can you describe it for us? Our town is very much rooted in history. It was first starting to be settled in the 1790's and we have the Golden Lamb which is the oldest continually running inn in the state of Ohio. (at least that's what I've always heard.) It opened in 1803. We have a population of 20,651 (according to the website) and have 12.9 square miles. Our main streets in town have really kept the feel of the past times. We have lots of antique shops, etc and it's just a pretty town. I don't actually live in the city limits, but I've always lived within 20 minutes or so of town. Currently I live at the most 5 minutes away. I really don't want to live anywhere else. I love it.
2. Are there any special points of interest in your town? See above about the Golden Lamb, plus we have a Horse Carriage Parade every December that is absolutely beautiful.
3.Does your town have parks, restaurants? Yes, we have several parks and a couple nice restaurants but mostly fast food places. We are just 30 minutes from Cincinnati and Dayton where you can get most anything to eat, for find most anything to do, such as Kings Island and Water Parks for the summer months.
4. Do you think your town needs changes to make it better and if so what changes would you make? I would love to see them bring in a couple of really nice sit-down restaurants but otherwise, I pretty much love it the way it is. Oh and if you want to know, I'm talking about Lebanon, Ohio.
Thanks for visiting.
Friday, April 16, 2021
|I know I posted this picture yesterday, but I think the moon looks so cool and just could not resist posting it again.|
|Made these earlier in the week|
|Love this mug that a friend made and gave to me.|
|Took this picture of Lucy Wednesday evening. She looks so cute after having been groomed on Saturday.|
|For some reason she does not like to look at the camera.|
|A friend at work made one of these for all the dispatcher for National Public Safety Communications Week. I work with some of the sweetest people. I'm going to miss them when I retire.|
Thursday, April 15, 2021
**On Monday morning I had my Dexa Scan which is a bone density test. I have to have them every 2 years since cancer. I think it's because the medication I have to take can cause problems with your bones. Anyway, I got a message from the Doctor on Tuesday that my bone strength looks good. I so love getting good news like that.
**As I said the other day, this week is National Public Safety Telecommunicators Week and since I still assist in Dispatch from time to time, I get included in the celebration. One of the girls made cups for all of us. I got a Yeti and I love it.
**On Tuesday, the Warren County Chiefs of Police Association provided box lunches for all of us. The food was excellent and I so appreciate their thoughtfulness.
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
Click here if you'd like to join in with the Hodgepodge.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021
Click here to link up
Welcome once again to Tuesday 4 begun by Toni Taddeo and kept alive in her memory.
Let's discuss the weather...
2. How do you fare in humidity? Do you fade or come alive ? I do not do well with humidity, I mean my hair. For sure my hair fades! Just take a look at me in the pictures (in previous posts) at my daughter's wedding. lol
3. Do rainy days bother you or are you happy for an occasional break from the sunshine? I prefer sunshine, but I know we need rain too, so I'm okay with it as long as I don't have to be out in it too much.
4. In your opinion, what is the best thing about each season? Spring - the flowers. Summer - fresh fruit and vegetables from the gardens. Fall - The beautiful colors, reds, oranges, yellows, etc. Winter - Snow is good if I can stay inside, but probably the best is Christmas and all the beautiful decorations and lights.
Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a great spring day!
Thursday, April 8, 2021
|Linking up with Rebecca Jo.|
Things I am thankful for:
** Bible Study started Tuesday night. My how I have missed these ladies. It's been around a year since we had to stop in the middle of our study. We are starting the study we were doing all over again and last night was just so good again. We were very small in number but the spirit with just so sweet.
** So thankful for Lifeway and the Bible Studies they produce. We are doing "Finding God Faithful" by Kelli Minter. It's about the life of Joseph and, Man! was God ever faithful to Joseph!! You know, He is just as faithful to us too. He's never failed me yet and I don't expect He ever will. What about you?
** Thankful for the time I've had to do some knitting this week in the evenings while watching some TV with hubby. I love days like this.
|Adult hat from the same yarn|
|First Scrunchy I've made|
|Hat from the same yarn. This picture is a little closer to the actually color of the yarn.|
** Enjoying the absolutely gorgeous weather of the last couple of days and listening to the birds singing like crazy morning and evening on the walks with the dog.
** So glad hubby and I were able to get our 2nd Covid shots and had very minimal symptoms.
Thanks for visiting.
Wednesday, April 7, 2021
Our Weather...is very beautiful today and has been for the past several days. It's been in the 60's and 70's with blue skies and after dark when I'm out with the dog the stars are just so beautiful. I just feel so blessed by God when it's like this.
I am reading...Genesis in the Bible and the 2nd book in a collection called A Place to Belong by multiple authors. I saw this on FB and ordered the 12 book set for Kindle on Amazon for $1.99. Book 1 was very good.
I am listening to...Pandora Radio right night and currently Lauren Daigle is singing "You Alone".
I am watching...in the evenings hubby and I are watching several different shows, Bull, all the NCIS's, Hawaii Five O and McGyver mostly.
I am feeling...blessed.
I am celebrating....most recently Kelli and Rafael's wedding, of course.
I am looking forward to...retirement this fall.
Hope you all have a great day.
Tuesday, April 6, 2021
|This was the Florida Welcome Center, where we almost always stop and get a free glass of orange juice.|
|This was my meal. Low Carb-uretor - Yummy!!|
|Hubbys - I don't know what it was called, but he liked it!|
|I think he liked it|
|Coloring while waiting for lunch at Olive Garden|
|I think we wore him out.|
|Watching Disney cartoons|
|He loved the little cave we made him under the desk.|
|This was the first time we've all been together in probably at least 2 years.|
|Right before I walked her down the aisle.|
|I love this photo!|
|Hubby relaxing after the ceremony|
|Love this picture of him.|
|It was in the 90's and this was getting later and I'm rather wilted, but no way I'd say no to a picture with my girls on this day.|