If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.Romans 10:9 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.John 3:16
1. The Hodgepodge lands on the last day of March...in ten words or lest bid the month adieu. March has been a wonderful month with a beautiful wedding.
2. March 31st is National Tater Day...your favorite way to have a potato? Mashed Potatoes. Given a choice would you opt for sweet, white, or red? Depends on what I'm eating them with. I like red potatoes cooked in my green beans and probably mostly white potatoes otherwise, although I do like a good sweet potato too. How often are potatoes on your menu in one form or another? Probably more often than they should be, which is why I don't eat that much bread anymore. lol Ever been to Idaho? No If not, is that a state you'd like to visit someday? I certainly wouldn't refuse a trip there.
3. Last time someone or something 'rained on your parade'? Explain. I don't think I have anything I'd like to share on this question. It's better for me not to dwell on that kind of stuff. lol
4. Put all your eggs in one basket, get cracking, nest egg, bad egg, good egg, egg on, have egg on your face, or walk on eggshells...choose a phrase from the list that applies to something in your life currently and tell us how or why. Get cracking because there are a lot of things I'd like to accomplish in organizing our home and myself before I retire.
5. If I visited your home would I find a lot of baskets there? Something you like to keep in a basket? Yes, actually, there are quite a few and they hold all kinds of things. Probably a favorite thing is yarn.
6. Insert your own random thought here. We had such a wonderful trip last week and I plan to share some pictures. Of course, right now we don't have the photographer's photos, but I have a few random photos that I've "stolen" off FB from people that were there (like for example the one above).
1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? No, I didn't wear green. I didn't realize today was St. Patrick's Day until I read Joyce's answers on her blog. Eat corned beef and cabbage? No plans to eat this. Drink green beer? Nope. Have you ever been to Ireland? Again, nope. Is it on your travel 'bucket list'? I wouldn't might going there, but I'd really just as soon travel and see more of the United States than leave the country.
2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? Not something, but someone. My hubby! He is always so supportive of me and all my crazy adventures.
3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? The older I get the queasier I get on swings and spinning rides. Even roller coasters affect me now.
4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? That I get to see both girls and my grandson next week and that my oldest is marrying the sweetest guy.
5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it.
March weddings are oh so much fun
Dreams coming true in the land of the sun.
The princess will soon be a bride
And the doors to their future are thrown open wide.
Okay, that was fun, but I really am not a poet. lol
I just checked back and realized I have not done a Thankful Thursday post since February 18th! I have plenty that I'm thankful for, but just haven't seemed to have much to write about lately. So today, here are some recent things I'm thankful for:
** Hubby and I both got our first Covid vaccines and he had no symptoms and I had very mild symptoms for about 12 hours or so (which fell on a Saturday and didn't have anything we had to do, so I just slept and rested, which I seldom get to do for a whole day). I do wish we could have gotten the 2nd vaccine before our trip to Florida, but instead we get it the day we come back.
** Thankful hubby and I both have gotten all the things we needed for the upcoming wedding. After work, we go to the seamstress for the final fitting on his jacket and pick up our stuff and we are pretty much ready then.
** For all the talks my oldest daughter and I have been having in recent weeks about all things wedding. She is doing such a beautiful job with all the little extras she wants. She is so creative and I can't wait to show you the pictures from the wedding. It's just been special to have these extra talks with her. Sometimes being far apart is really hard, but it makes it even more special when you can be together, even if it's over FaceTime.
** My other daughter also and my grandson. She does such a good job sending me pictures and keeping me up on what's going on in their lives. Let me tell you that makes this mama and gigi very happy.
** My grandson has now learned how to make phone calls. Just out of the blue I got a call from him and he is so very funny. He hasn't got it all figured out, but what a special treat to hear that little voice and he's just so happy to be talking to us. One day we were in the car and he called and I put the phone on speaker and hubby and I both tried talking to him. He said wait a minute and hung up and then hubby's phone started ringing. He decided he wanted to talk to papaw and didn't realize he could talk to us both at the same time. We have laughed so much over his phone calls.
Life is good and God is even better and I'm thankful for all the times I can pray to Him and ask for His help and how He's always there. Sometimes, He says no, but that's okay too because I trust Him.
1. Is March coming in like a lion where you live? Aslan, Simba, Elsa, The Cowardly Lion...your favorite 'famous' lion? It's a little chilly, but the skies are beautifully blue today and I love it just like this. Of those lions, Aslan is my favorite!
2. In what way do you 'march to the beat of your own drum'? I'm not really sure of an answer for this.
3. What item that you don't have already, would you most like to own? Any chance of that happening soon? I'm pretty content with what I have, but I'm always up for buying more yarn. lol Actually, I would like to buy either a ukulele or a mountain dulcimer. I love the sounds of both and would love to play one of them, at least. Maybe when I retire, I'll get one because I should have time to practice and learn.
4. March is National Flour Month...are you a baker? Cookies-cakes-or pies...your favorite sweet treat to bake? What's the last non-sweet thing you made that called for flour? No, I don't consider myself a baker. I rarely bake because if I do, I'm going to eat it and that could be a catastrophe. lol
5. There are 31 days in the month of March...where were you and what were you doing when you were 31? I married when I was 31. If you haven't hit that milestone yet, then tell us where you were and what you were doing 31 months ago? (if math is not your thing, that would be August 3, 2018)
6. Insert your own random thought here. In 3 weeks and 2 days we will be getting ready for the wedding. Exciting times coming.
1 - Monday. I waited too late to start this month and I have no idea what I did on the first 3 days. lol
2 - Tuesday. The problems with getting older.
3 - Wednesday. I do know I made some hats during this time on my knitting machine and also worked each day.
4 - Thursday. Ordered a pizza and picked it up and went to hubby's mom's house for a few hours to visit and had a good time talking as always.
5 - Friday. After work we had a quiet evening at home catching up on some shows from earlier in the week.
6 - Saturday. Visited with our sister and actually got to take her out to a store to shop and she said it's been almost a year since she has been in a store.
7 - Sunday. Church and a nap and then church again and home to watch a little TV and do some knitting.
8 - Monday. We got Lucy groomed after work and we grabbed some McD's for dinner and did some grocery shopping while she was being groomed.
9 - Tuesday. Woke up to at least 8 inches of snow so we got ready for work and then realized how deep it really was so we had to shovel out the driveway to be able to actually go to work and our wonderful neighbor man came out and helped us do it.
10 - Wednesday. Enjoyed an evening at home after work having spaghetti for supper and watching some TV.
11 - Thursday. Another evening at home having chicken sandwiches for dinner and making a new hat.
12 - Friday. Chili Cheese Hotdogs for dinner and more knitting and watching some TV and some cleaning at home.
13 - Saturday. Hubby and I slept in a little and then went out and ran some errands and I bought some more yarn (again! lol).
14 - Sunday. Went to church and then picked up some Chinese for lunch and went home and spent the rest of the evening there.
15 - Monday. President's Day and we spent the day at home doing some organizing, lots of laundry and some knitting and watching TV in the evening, plus hubby made homemade chili for dinner (Yum!).
16 - Tuesday. The wonderful neighbor man ran his tractor and blade on our drive so we were able to get out early to make it to work on time (so much snow this week!)
17 - Wednesday.
18 - Thursday. Our 32nd Anniversary and we didn't do anything special but go to work and then home as the weather was not very nice.
19 - Friday. After all the grey skies and piles of snow, it was so nice to have beautiful skies today.
20 - Saturday. Ran our usual errands and met my sister and her husband for lunch at Red Robin.
21 - Sunday. We had church both morning and evening services and in the afternoon I watched a Netflix movie and knitted on a hat.
22 - Monday. Started another week of work.
23 - Tuesday. Finished another hat after work while watching some TV with hubby and doing some laundry,
24 - Wednesday. Hubby did a live Bible Study on the life of Dr. Luke - #2 in his new series.
25 - Thursday. Had and appointment with a seamstress after work to get the pants for my outfit for the wedding hemmed and also hubby's jacket needed taking in.
26 - Friday. Work, and got my first Covid Shot (they had extra at the end of the day and I was on a list and got a call) and then out with hubby's mom (just picked up a pizza and took it to her house) as we haven't been with her in 2 weeks.
27 - Saturday. Did absolutely nothing as I was having some minor symptoms from the shot such as headache, low-grade fever and nausea.
28 - Sunday. Feeling mostly back to normal so we went to church and brought home some lunch.