1. What does the word values mean to you personally? To me, values are the code I live by. Where did your values come from? I believe ultimately they come from God, but I was taught them by my parents. What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? Love God and serve Him. Love and help others. Be honest. Be kind. Be patient. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Tuesday, April 26, 2022
1. If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on? I would want to completely renovate our home, and then against the rules of the questions I would want to buy homes for our girls.
2. You can do it again. What decade are you going back to and why? What's the attraction? I have no desire to go back. But if I were to go back, probably the 90's so I could maybe be a better mother as I think I've learned a lot that I didn't know when we were raising our girls.
3. What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Revive Us Again, which is an old hymn that we sang last night at church. Alternatively, what's your current favorite song? I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite (plus it's probably at least 10-12 years old) but it is such an encouragement and makes me happy when I hear it.
4. What items do you miss from the past and wish they were still around? I miss some of the old TV shows and also some restaurants that are no longer there. TV - I miss variety shows such as Carol Burnett, Andy Williams, Sonny and Cher, Julie Andrews, etc. Restaurants - Burger Chef, the Tavern (which was a wonderful restaurant in my hometown and they had the best steak sandwiches and fried mushrooms, etc.
Thanks for visiting and if you'd like there's a link at the top to participate in the Tuesday 4. Come on and join us.
Monday, April 25, 2022
Here are a few tidbits of life:
**On Friday evening I found out you can get eCards from other libraries. I got one from the Dayton Metro Library (I used to have an actual card there years ago, and probably I still have it in my den, but it wasn't with me).I went online and registered and then started looking for a Kindle book that I've had on hold since March 8th through Libby at my library. Guess what, they had it and it was available immediately. I checked it out and started it that evening. Finished it at 2:00am Sunday morning, which I must admit made for a bit of a rough time being alert at church that morning. The book was The Stranger in the Lifeboat by Mitch Albom. I have to say it caught my attention and imagination pretty quickly and it was hard to put down. It's not like the typical books I read, but I really enjoyed it. In fact, I enjoyed it enough, that I intend to try another book by this author real soon.
|I really love my Kindle|
**I had a really good walk with Lucy on both Friday and Saturday. On Saturday I knew it was supposed to get up in the 80's so when I woke up around 6:30, we got cleaned up a bit and Lucy and I took off. we ended up walking 1.75 miles, which is pretty good for me. By the end she was starting to flop down in the damp grass to rest for a few seconds and then she'd get up and run on. So funny. I must admit, at times, I feel like flopping down with her. lol
|A neighbor's pretty tulips|
|Close-up of tulips - not quite open yet|
|Dandelion - I prefer the yellow ones. They say they are good for the soil.|
Friday, April 22, 2022
Here are a few recent pictures. Some are from me and some I stole from my daughter's FB page. Not much commentary, but I hope you enjoy.
|looks like he got a bunch|
|Easter egg hunt on Sunday|
|stole this today - he's so cute - haven't heard if he got a new skateboard or not|
|Cute bunny ears|
|Colton and his new headphones|
|goose resting under a tree at Cheddar's today|
Thanks for visiting.
Thursday, April 21, 2022
Wednesday, April 20, 2022
Tuesday, April 19, 2022
1. When did you learn to cook? Who says I did? No, I do okay, but it's not my favorite thing. Although, I do enjoy it more now that I'm not working.
2. How often in the week do you cook? 3-5 times either hubby or I cook. Other times we just do sandwiches or something like that if we stay home. Order in? Not more than once a week. Go out? Several times depending on the week. And this may be eating in a restaurant or ordering drive-thru and finding a quiet place and eating in the car. We love doing the latter.
3. Which foods are absolutely necessary at a cookout? Hamburgers and/or hotdogs. Of course, I wouldn't turn down a good steak, but seldom get offered that. lol
4. Do you have a meal you are especially good at making? or that people often request for you to make? Not really, but I think people usually enjoy my lasagna.
Thanks for reading and the link-up, if you want to participate, is at the top. Have a great day.
Monday, April 18, 2022
We had a beautiful Easter weekend, with wonderful services at church and beautiful sunshine. Below is the pre-recorded version of our Sunday morning sermon. If you've ever doubted for a moment or longer about the truth or thought Doubting Thomas was a terrible person, I think you would maybe appreciate hearing this.
One of his points is "Our Lord welcomes every sincere person, and invites the doubters to check out the evidence for themselves," just as He did Thomas when he told him to "reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
Another point was "The entire Christian faith hangs on this one fact: Jesus rose from the dead--literally, physically, bodily, visibly." Also, he said "In the history of the Christian church, the greatest doubters have often become the strongest believers." So check Jesus out and believe and trust in Him.
This morning hubby had to have some lab work done, so I drove him and waited in the car. I can hardly believe it's April 18th and we're getting snow! lol
Oh well, winter will leave soon or later. lol
I read this in my quiet time this morning and thought I would share it here. As above said, sometimes we all have doubts, but I have chosen to trust in Jesus and I hope you have too.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.
Thursday, April 14, 2022
Click here or here to link up.
Today I am so thankful for having time with some of my cousins on Tuesday. Eight of of met for lunch at a little family restaurant in Waynesville, OH. We had such a great time. We range in age from 64 to 83 and I love everyone of them. It seems like the only time we get together now is for funerals. But this was just for fun. A couple of the cousins get together once a week or so and they decided to invite the rest of us. I think now we are going to try to do it maybe once a month or so. That would be so awesome. I love my family and am so proud to be one of them. I have always been proud of my heritage. I just feel like God honored me so much by making me a part of this family. They had the waitress take a picture of us and then they posted it on FB. I stole the picture and am posting it below. It's not the greatest picture, but I'm so glad we have it.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day and I hope you'll link up and tell us what you are thankful for.Cathy
Wednesday, April 13, 2022
1. Do you celebrate Easter? Yes If so what are your plans this year? We'll go to church, and probably to lunch, and then that evening we are having a Hymnsing and Communion at church. Did you have egg hunts as a kid? Yes, we always had one at home and also they had a citywide one that we sometimes joined in with when little.
Monday, April 11, 2022
|Working on lessons in my little office at church|
Today I'm posting some scriptures that came up in my Bible Study and I want to think on them and I believe putting them here and reading them will help me to keep them in mind. So this post is really for me. But you are welcome to read and think about them too.
Ephesians 5: 1-2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
Ephesians 5:15-20 "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your hear to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Colossians 4:5-6 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Matthew 7:21-23 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, drive out demons in your name, and do many miracles in your name?' Then I will announce to them, 'I never knew you. Depart from me, you lawbreakers!'"
I'm thinking following these scriptures could help me to have a closer relationship with Jesus (and that last verse shows that this is a very serious thing and I really want to make sure our relationship is everything He wants it to be) and hopefully it will also make me a better witness to others.
I can hear my husband listening to worship music in his office. He's listening to the song "I Stand Amazed in the Presence" . What a Beautiful Song! So many times I get lax in spending with Jesus and my life shows it. My heart's desire is to be with Him more and more.
Thursday, April 7, 2022
Wednesday, April 6, 2022
1. What puts a spring in your step these days? All the extra time I am able to spend with my husband now that I'm no longer working.
2. April 2nd was National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day. Did you celebrate? No Do you like PB and J?Yes If so how do you like yours? With jelly or honey and once in a while with brown sugar. I also like to just eat a spoon of peanut butter sometimes. What's your favorite kind of jelly? Strawberry
3. What's a memory you associate with spring flowers? Probably all the flowers that decorated the church for Easter and also Mother's Day.
4. Three things on your spring bucket list? Do you have a spring bucket list? If not pretend you do. I don't have a bucket list. But if I did, some day trips such as to (#1)Columbus and also to (#2)Amish Country and (#3) Cowan Lake.
5. One place you will travel this spring? (It might be Europe or it might be the grocery store) See #4 as I hope to travel to all 3 of those places.
6. Insert your own random thought here. A wonderful promise from God. Hubby encouraged us to start looking for God's promises as we read the Bible and this is the first one I journaled that came out of our Bible Study today.
Thanks for visiting.
Tuesday, April 5, 2022
Book and Movies and TV
Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. Just 4 questions to make you think, react and get to know your fellow bloggers who are probably way nicer than you can imagine and more interesting than we realize!
1. Which is better... the book or the movie? Depends
2. Got a reading list for the year? (Or a movie list ) Found a real winner you will share with us? No, not a list, but just reading whatever I want at the time I'm ready for a new book. I'm currently reading another book by Lori Wick who is a favorite author as I've said many times on this blog.
3. What TV shows are you watching lately? We just finished binging Bones and we're also watching Castle. Tonight after finishing Bones we watched the first episode of CSI NY. We'll see how that goes.
4. Is there an actor or actress whose movies you consistently enjoy? I like a lot of different actors and actresses. But more than the actor or actress, it's the movie storyline that draws me.
Thanks for visiting.
Monday, April 4, 2022
29 - Tuesday. I spent the day at church and did some blogging and playing the piano and finished getting ready for the Bible Study, went home and had supper and then I was back at church until around 9pm and we had an excellent Bible Study with lots of laughter and some serious talking and praying and just enjoying being with sisters in Christ.
30 - Wednesday. I went to church and spent the morning and then went out with my sister to Wal-mart to get a few things and then back to church. Then hubby and I picked up a turkey dinner from Bob Evans and took it home for supper and had a great night at home.