1. On December 5, 1901, Walt Disney was born. Have you been to Disneyland or Disney World? Can you share a favorite Disney memory?
I have been to Disney World multiple times. The very first time was the year it opened and there was only the Contemporary Hotel and Magic Kingdom and you had to have tickets for the rides.
All my memories from Disney are special. But one of the favorites was the first time we stayed on property with the girls for 10 days. It was such an awesome trip and I think hubby and I have made true Disney fanatics out of our girls too.
Loved it then and still love it today.
2. The first roller coaster attraction at Walt Disney World was Space Mountain. Do you/did you like roller coasters?
I do like some roller coasters, however I've never really cared for Space Mountain and I really don't know why. Maybe because it's dark. I don't know. However, we were riding the people mover one day and there is a window that you can see into space mountain and the lights were on inside. It was rather cool to get a glimpse of the actual coaster.
3. The very first fairy tale that Walt Disney made a cartoon about was Little Red Riding Hood. Did you enjoy fairy tales when you were a youngster or did they scare you? Did you have a favorite?
Yes, I liked fairy tales and I still do. Probably Beauty and the Beast would be a favorite.
4. In Lady & the Tramp, Tramp’s real name was Butch! Do you have nicknames for your fur-babies and/or for your children?
I did not know this information. My dog's name is Lucy, but I call her all kinds of names and my grandson is Colton, but I have a tendency to call him Buddy and his mommy calls him monkey. He's 2 years old and mommy asked him his name the other day and he said Monkey...I suggested to mommy that she might want to start calling him by his real name. lol
5. I can’t let this day go by without respecting George H.W. Bush, as he lays in state in the Rotunda of our Capital today. He was our 41st President and only the second father to have a son follow him as President of the United States. President Bush loved his colorful socks. I bought Joe a pair of George H.W. Bush socks for Christmas one year. I know Myra has a pair… any other bloggers checking in today who have a pair of the Presidential socks in a drawer at home? How do you feel about colorful socks?
These are the socks (and tie) President Bush will be buried in.
These are like the ones I gave to Joe. He does wear them,
by the way!
I do like colorful socks and below are the ones I'm wearing today.
6. Please tell us something random about your week!
Last Friday evening we went with hubby's parents to a nearby church that was doing a Bethlehem Village. It was so awesome and we totally enjoyed it. Here's a link to their website if you are interested.
This Friday we are planning to go to the "Nights of Lights in Cincinnati. Here's a link to their website. We love going out and seeing light displays this time of year.
to join in.
Thanks for visiting.