"Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!" - From Crazy Sam of Saturday 9.
Saturday 9: Things (1962)
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Bobby Darin is sitting beside his window, looking out onto a crowded avenue. What's the view outside your nearest window? My front porch with black Cracker Barrel rockers and then my front yard.
2) He likes to remember the romantic things he and his girl used to do, like walking in the park. When did you most recently go for a leisurely stroll? Did you have a destination in mind, or were you just enjoying the walk for its own sake? Yesterday and lots of days taking a walk in the neighborhood with my dog. Today we've had 2 really short ones.
3) He notes a couple holding hands. Are you comfortable displaying affection in public? With my husband, yes very much.
4) When Bobby recorded this song, he was married to screen sweetheart Sandra Dee. Today she is best known as the inspiration for the song, "Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee." Can you name another song from Grease? Greased Lightening
5) Bobby loved gadgets. He was enthusiastic about his suitcase telephone, which was one of the first mobile phones. Are you an early adapter, or do you wait for new technology to be around awhile and not so new before you try it? Probably wait around awhile.
6) He was a chess fanatic and always kept a magnetic chess board in his briefcase, just in case he found someone who was willing to play him. Are you a good chess player? No!
7) He very much wanted to play Tony in West Side Story, but he didn't the part because the producers didn't think he looked like a romantic leading man. What actor or actress makes your heart skip a beat? None really, but Mark Harmon as Jethro Leroy Gibbs on NCIS is definitely easy on the eyes.
8) In 1962, when this song was popular, Jack Nicklaus launched his successful golf career. Do you enjoy playing golf, or watching it on TV? No
9) Random question: Which would we find in your kitchen right now -- cookies or ice cream? Ice Cream
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great Saturday.