The Hodgepodge is back. Thanks Joyce!
1. What's your best piece of advice for a newly married couple? I'm asking for a friend.
First and foremost, Keep Christ at the center of your home.
Also, do not put your expectations on your spouse. Let them be themselves and do things their way too. Everything does not have to be the way you've always done it. This works for your kids too.
2. Before we're too far into the new year I wanted to post a question Teresa submitted during the December giveaway. Teresa blogs over at Being Refined As Silver
, so everyone go say hi.
Teresa asks, "What were you doing on December 31st, 1999?"and "Did you or your family make preparations for Y2K?"
I do not remember what I was doing. I do not thing we made any preparations at home. I do however remember they were concerned at work at what would happen to our computers and the work software.
3. According to Global Language Monitor, the most used word of 2014
isn't a word. It's the heart emoji. Huh? How can something that's not a word be the most used word, but I digress. What do you think was your most used word in 2014?
Not really a word either, but probably lol.
4. Speaking of words, it's that time again. Time for Lake Superior University
to present a list of words they'd like to see banished (for over-use, mis-use, and general uselessness) in 2015. You can read more about the decision making process here
, but this year's top vote getters are-
bae (before anyone else), polar vortex, hack, skill set, swag, foodie, curate/curated, friend-raising, enhanced interrogation, cra-cra (as in crazy), takeaway, and -nation (a suffering sports suffix).
Which of these words/phrases would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word not on the list you'd like to add?
cra-cra...No reason, other than I just don't like it.
5. January is National Hot Tea month? Are you a fan? Do you like flavored teas? How do you take your tea? Have a favorite cup or teapot? How many cups of tea do you consume in a given day?
I do not like tea at all...cold or hot, sweet or not.
6. Whatever happened to________________________________?
me retiring.....maybe in 3 more years I'll be able to.
7. What is one book on your must-read list this winter?
I just finished the first book in the Chronicles of Narnia, but C.S. Lewis. So I guess my must read, is book 2.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am ready for spring!! I found this poem on FB and had to share. It was posted by Q92.