For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16
Wednesday, August 31, 2022
Tuesday, August 30, 2022
Well, we hope it's easy anyway. Welcome back to Toni's Tuesday 4! Always good to have you here. Let's concentrate on the little bit of summer that is left shall we? We need to enjoy every season to the fullest I believe.. what say you?
Monday, August 29, 2022
I've done a bit of reading this weekend amongst all the activities. First, I finished a novel "Will the Circle Be Unbroken? by Sean Dietrich (Sean of the South) that was very good. If you enjoy his blog, then you'd probably like this book. I love all his southern style comments, many of which I heard growing up, but I never lived in the south at all. This book is about him and his life (especially his younger life with his dad, who committed suicide when Sean was 10 years old) So, sometimes this was a little sad and hard to read, but I'm so glad I stuck with it. It's worth it to see how he's grown and learned to cope with such hard times he had when growing up. I would also suggest you to follow his blog (There's a link in my sidebar under blogs I read). His posts are so uplifting and encouraging in some many ways.
|Picture taken from the internet|
I started another book and am about halfway through it. It's called "Run Rose Run" and was written by James Patterson and Dolly Parton. The more I read of it, the more I like it. It's about a young girl all alone, trying to get into country music. Obviously, something has happened in her past that she is running from, but the authors are very good about leaving you hanging and wanting to know more (a bit of a thriller, I think). I can't hardly wait to see what's happened and what will happen and I guess that's what a good mystery book is supposed to do. lol
|Picture from the internet|
Yesterday's Sermon 8-18-2022
Sunday, August 28, 2022
Stolen from Upstream Life
1. Your favorite sport. Volleyball
2. A quote to live by.
3. A city in the US you would like to move to. I'd rather stay where I am.
4. 3 beautiful little things in your life. Family, God, Church Family
5. What made you laugh today? Some of our conversations at lunch today with hubby and his mom.
6. A good deed you did today. I'm the one that drove us to the restaurant and back home which was about an 45-60 minutes each way.
7. Activities you like to do when you are bored. Read and watch TV
8. Are you a procrastinator? Yes
9. Your thoughts about dying Well, I know Jesus, so I'm ready, but I sure don't want to leave on the next boat! lol I hope to live and see my grandson grow up and enjoy some really good years of retirement.
10. What super power would like to have? Flying like Superman and then I could visit my girls more often.
11. Top 3 Netflix series Somebody Feed Phil is the only one right now
12. Things you want to do before you die Stay healthy and enjoy my retirement
13. Your biggest fears That I'll get cancer again, although I really don't sit and think about it too much, but I suppose it's there in the background.
14. What makes you angry? Seeing someone or hearing about someone who was mean to someone else.
15. Do you listen to podcasts? Yes, sometimes. When we travel, hubby usually brings along some podcasts for us to listen to. On fun things, such as the Moth Man from West Virginia, and Missing 411 about people that have gone missing in the National Parks.
Thanks for visiting.
Saturday, August 27, 2022
1) This song tells the story of Katie and Tommy. She waited for him to pull up in his beat-up Chevy truck. Tell us about your wheels. We have two Dodge Caravan's, one white and one grey.
5) Trisha also appeared in six episodes of the TV drama, JAG. She played a medical examiner and forensic pathologist, which means her character had a medical degree and (at least) one year of additional training. That's (at least) five extra years of higher education. Do you enjoy taking classes? Not really.
Friday, August 26, 2022
Here are a few photos from my phone taken during the past week. The first several photos are of some murals painted on the side of buildings in the old downtown area of Franklin which is about 20-30 minutes from my house. As far as I know, our town does not have any murals like these, but it was fun to photograph the ones nearby. We have some other towns not too far from us that has some of these too. I don't know who painted them, but the sure did a good job.
|Love this one a lot. Feels like I'm watching "Happy Days"|
|Here's the other half of the first one.|
|This is in a little park like area.|
|this is on a wall on the side of a little pizza place that I'm told has great pizza. 2 slices and |
a soda for only $6.99.
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Today, I'm going to be thankful for one thing. My husband. Today is his 61st birthday (yes, I am 4 years older than him). I am so blessed to have had him for another year and I pray there will be many more together.
Tracy is my husband, my best friend, my children's daddy, my grandson's grandfather and he's also my pastor. He is the spiritual leader for our church and our home. Tracy is one of the most patient person I have ever known. He'd have to be to be able to live with me all these years.
He's smart. He was actually in college heading towards a career as a physicist. He loved and still loves all the science stuff and math. He said he was sitting in a class and heard God asking what he was doing there and it wasn't long after that, that He knew God was calling him in a different direction, into the ministry in some way. He started as a Minister of Music in his home church and then after we married he went to a different church and was Youth Minister and Music Minister. Then about 26 years ago, he was called to the church we are at today as they Pastor.
We met in the church where he was Music Minister and I joined his choir shortly after leaving my home church and starting to attend his. About a year later we started dating and the rest is history.
He loves to travel (although, as we get older, we're not doing as much as we used to), he loves to tell stories and he's just a pretty awesome guy to be around. He truly believes that God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth and therefore, we should listen a lot more than talk and he really lives that.
He loves me and that makes me love him even more. Thank you Tracy for being my husband and thank you God for giving us to each other.
|Here he is with him mom. Junis thanks for raising |
such a wonderful son and then giving him to me.
Thanks for visiting.
Wednesday, August 24, 2022
|Sharks teeth from last November's trip to Myrtle Beach|
|Not the greatest photo, but proof that we were actually in person together.|
Tuesday, August 23, 2022
House and Home
Hello and welcome to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 Click here if you'd like to link up.
Let's share our home secrets with one another. Maybe you have some ideas other ladies would love to hearY about.
1. What household tool or appliance do you rely on a lot? washer & dryer & dishwasher
2. Which laundry detergent, fabric softener, and dish detergent work best for you? I change around, but my favorites are Gain for detergent and fabric softener and Dawn Dish Soap
3. What soap do you like to use? Whatever catches my fancy at the time of purchase. Where do you have soap in your home... bathroom, kitchen, shower? Yes
4. What is the secret to a clean home in your opinion? Do a little each day - kinda have a schedule, so you don't have to do it all at one time.
I have a phone appointment this afternoon with someone from social security so I can apply for Medicare. If you think about it, I would appreciate a prayer that we'll get this all straightened out today. Thank you. UPDATE Prayers worked. I got to talk to someone I could understand and he was patient and kind. And my application was approved. Now I just need to wait on the card.
Thanks for visiting.
Sunday, August 21, 2022
Message from the host "Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!" Stolen from Friday Fill-in.
1. I am currently obsessed with reading on my new Kindle
2. Today I am happy because I've was at a good service this morning and I'm getting read to take my afternoon nap before the evening service.
3. The age I am is 65 and the age I feel is 65
4. My favorite place anywhere that I'm with my husband.
5. Something I have been procrastinating is painting and new flooring for the house.
6. The last thing I purchased was groceries
7. The thing I love most about my home is it's where my husband and I can unwind and do whatever we want.
8. My most prized possession my husband.
9. If I could be one age for the rest of my life, I would want to be I like the age I am right now because I just retired and I would never want to go back to work (even though I liked it fine, but I'm just so over that 45 years of my life.)
10. My outlook on life optimistic
11. If you want to annoy me, honk at me to turn right on a red light. If I want to turn I will, if not I won't so leave me alone.
12. I am completely defenseless when it comes to cute baby and animal videos
13. The bravest thing I’ve ever done was retire and man I am glad I did.
14. Something that keeps me awake at night is worry and a racing mind.
15. My favorite meal in the entire world is prime rib, and a baked potato.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great rest of your day.
Saturday, August 20, 2022
Jack and Diane
1) The video for this song features lots of snapshots. Do you have many physical photo albums? I do have several physical albums as I used to do a lot of scrapbooking when my girls were younger. I also have some photos in boxes. Or do you store your pictures digitally? Most of the pictures I've taken in the past 10 years or so are digital and stored that way.
6) Even though he suffered a heart attack, John Mellencamp continues to smoke, admitting that nicotine is something he simply can't kick. Do you have a habit you wish you could break? The way I eat. I'm eating better most of the time now, but I really need to do a lot better.
Friday, August 19, 2022
Sharing some photos from this week. Some I took and some my daughter took. Hope you enjoy!
|Love the way these morning glories surround the mailbox post.|
|Morning Glories are my favorite flower. |
I need to do this at my mailbox next year.
|Beautiful sunset as we walked out of church Wednesday night.|
|A little different view.|
|Ready for Day 2|
|About to jump out of the truck|
|Well not running in today, |
but still excited for school.
Thursday, August 18, 2022
|I'm not sure I was ever that excited to go to school. lol|
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
|Ready to leave and meet the teacher|
|Walking in with his dad. |
That book bag is almost bigger than him.
|At his locker and so happy!|
Tuesday, August 16, 2022
Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4... Click here to link up.
Monday, August 15, 2022
Hubby and I enjoyed a quiet weekend again. On Friday we picked up his mom and went to lunch and visited for awhile. We went to McAlister's. All three of us got different sandwiches and soups. It was a very good lunch and the conversations were even better.
On Saturday I got up for an early morning walk and again there was a beautiful sunrise. Later we grabbed lunch at Chili's and I ran into Walmart to get some things and then home.
|The moon was still out too.|
|I love this picture with the church steeple in it.|
Sunday we were at church for morning and evening services and we both had a nap in between. Below is Sunday's sermon from YouTube, if you're interested.