Click above to join in all the Hodgepodge Fun.
1. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to mis-use, over-use or just general uselessness and they receive over 1000 nominations. Here are the fourteen words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2011-viral, epic, fail, wow factor, a-ha moment, back story, BFF, man up, refudiate, Mama Grizzlies, The American People, facebook/google when used as verbs, I'm just sayin', and Live life to the fullest.
What word or phrase would you like to see banished from our everyday vocabulary in 2011? You can choose one from the 'official list' or you can get creative and come up with your own.
2. Do you consider opportunity something that comes to you or something you create for yourself?
3. Since we're all eating healthy this month, ahem, what's included in your favorite salad? Is there dressing?
Iceberg Lettuce, tomato, a few sunflower seeds and a small amount of shredded cheese and ranch dressing on the side.
4. The fourth Monday in January is said to be Blue Monday...aka the most depressing day of the year. The date was calculated using many factors including weather, debt level, time since Christmas, time since we've failed at our new year resolutions, low motivation and feeling a need to take action. Do you get the blues this time of year and if so what is something you do to lift your spirits?
I don't think I do, but you'd probably have to ask my family or my co-workers.
5. Do you wear a watch? Any other everyday jewelry essentials?
I do not wear a watch, but I always wear my engagement and wedding rings.
6. What is something useful you learned in high school?
Typing. I have probably used that skill more than any other.
7. Do you use an accountant when completing and filing your income tax returns or do you attempt to muddle through all by yourself?
Definitely an accountant.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I've heard people talking about picking a word for 2011 (on KLOVE they've been talking about it this past week) and I decided my word for 2011 is "TRUST". I'll be posting verses about trust from time to time on my left sidebar. When things get tough in life, it always seems to come back to "Do I trust Him or not?" Yes, I do. "Do I trust Him to have my best interests at heart?" Yes, I do. I know sometimes what is in my best interest according to Him is not always what I think it should be, but I'm learning to trust Him even when I don't understand. I hope you are too.