|Thanks Joyce for starting another year of Wednesday Hodgepodge. I have met so many wonderful people through the Hodgepodge. Come on you guys and join in with us. It's a lot of fun.|
1. How did you ring in the new year?
We were given tickets to a fun bluegrass/country party. Prime Rib Dinner, music and good friends. For the past several years, we've stayed home. So this was quite the change and really was a lot of fun. Below are a couple pictures of the bluegrass group.
2. What is one thing you are looking forward to in 2013?
Lord willing, hubby and I are planning a short trip in February to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area. We have not taken a trip by ourselves since we've had the kids. We'll be celebrating our 24 Anniversary.
3. Steven Spielberg is quoted as saying, "All of us every single year, we're a different person. I don't think we're the same person all our lives." What say you?
Depends on what you mean by the same person. I'm always me, but I'm always growing and learning, so I guess that could make me different day by day.
4. The Pantone color of the year for 2013 is emerald green. Like or dislike? Do you already own something this color? Will you add something in this shade to your home or wardrobe in 2013?
I love emerald green, but I don't have plans to use it this year. Right now I'm adding some blue and hopefully some yellow to my house to lighten and brighten things up.
5. Speaking of emerald...what's your favorite gemstone?
Besides diamonds, it's probably the sapphire.
6. Share a favorite book or movie from 2012.
I re-read Sophie's Heart by Lori Wick and it was just as good the 2nd time.
7. What is something you want to tell yourself at the start of this brand new year?
Quit worrying and leave it to God. He doesn't need us to worry, he's got it all under control. As hubby teaches us all the time...He's God and we're not!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I want to be more of a light for Jesus to others than ever before. Just as the star (light) led the Wisemen to Jesus, I want to be a light that others will see Jesus in me and want to meet Him too. This thought is also from my hubby from a sermon he preached a couple weeks ago. It really has made me think about things alot. Other than knowing Jesus and having a personal relationship with Him, I don't believe there is anything more important than leading others to know Him too.
I pray you will all have a blessed and wonderful 2013.