Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Click the button on the left to join in the Hodgepodge fun with us.
1.What makes love last?
If you're talking marriage love, then determine when you marry that it is forever. Never think for one second that if I don't like it, I can just divorce. And a good rule for anyone you love (including spouse, children, friends,etc is, don't expect perfection from the one you love and don't try to change them. Just keep on loving them. And hopefully they'll do the same.
2. The Beatles made their US debut fifty years ago this week. Are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite Beatles tune?
No, I have never really been what I'd call a fan. However, when I look at a list of their music, I really did like quite a few of their songs. Let It Be and I Wanna Hold Your Hand are probably a couple of favorites.
3. Valentine's Day-your thoughts? Do you celebrate in any way? Do anything special for the people you love? Expect anything special from the people who love you?
Hubby and I typically go out to dinner to celebrate and I send my girls cards and sometimes little gifts and candies.
4. Steak or burger...you have to choose. Now that that's settled, how do you like it?
Steak - Prime Rib specifically and medium suits me. In fact, that's what we had for dinner last night. We did our Valentine Dinner early.
5. The Hodgepodge lands on the birthdate (February 12th) of Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America. Lincoln is quoted as saying, 'Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test his character give him power.' Do you agree? Why or why not?
Yes, I agree. I think power can mess us up if not handled right.
6. Honest Abe's image is featured on the US penny (1 cent coin) so I'm wondering...what do you do with your pennies (or your country's equivalent)? It's been suggested the US stop making the penny, and two bills have been introduced proposing just that, but neither were approved. What say you?
We put pennies in a glass jar, along with other change and use it for our Disney trips. And yes, I am one of those people who will always bend over and pick up a penny!
7. Do you think pop culture deserves serious study?
Can't say I really have much of an opinion on this. At least not right now.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Lucy comes home this afternoon after being spayed. She's been gone since Monday morning. Sure do miss her. How in the world do you learn to love something so much so quickly? :)