My 31 Day Writing Challenge is in Question #8. Now onto the Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. What's something that has recently 'tried your patience'?
The only thing I can think of right now is our dog, Lucy. She has gotten into a spell of barking a lot lately and that can really get on my nerves, especially in the middle of the night. Hope this bad habit will end soon. lol
2. Do you think patience comes to us naturally or is it something you have to learn as you grow? On a scale of 1-10 generally how patient are you? (1=I blow up at the drop of a hat and 10=I've got all the time in the world).
I don't think it comes naturally to most people. I may be around a 5 now. I used to be more of a 2 or 3. I'm a work in progress.
3. Share about a time when you felt like you could fly. Or a time you wished you could fly. Or a time you felt like you were flying.
At EPCOT at Disney World there's a ride called Soarin'. It's really cool and does feel like you're flying.
4. Your favorite song with the word fly in the title or lyrics, or your favorite song that relates to flying in some way?
"You an Fly" from Peter Pan
5. What's in your fall picnic basket and where are we picnicking in your neck of the woods this time of year?
If we do picnics, it's usually pretty simple. Like Subway sandwiches, chips and something to drink or Fried Chicken and something to drink. Where? Indian Lake State Park.
6. Carpentry, electrical, plumbing, landscaping...which skill would you most like to possess and how would you put that skill to use today?
Carpentry. I'd do some remodeling in my house. Like new countertops in my kitchen and some updates in my bathrooms.
7. What's something you think is too expensive to justify buying lately?
A brand new vehicle. I can't believe how expensive they are. That's why the last few times we've bought vehicles, we've bought newer model used ones.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Today is Day 14 of the 31 Day Writing Challenge with a prompt from Five Minute Friday. The prompt for today is "Fly."
I love almost anything that has anything to do with flying. We live only about 45 minutes from Wright Patterson Air Force Base Museum. I love going there and seeing all the planes from down through history all the way up to current models. We took the girls multiple times.
We also like to go to the Cincinnati Airport and go to the observation area and watch planes coming and going. Hubby and I both love to do this.
I also love learning about space and all things space ships. I think it would be pretty cool to fly into space, although I don't know if I'd ever have enough nerve to try it. Probably I'll just have to stick with watching documentaries and movies about space.
What about you? Do you like to fly?