If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge

http://www.fromthissideofthepond.com/2017/02/gone-fishin-in-hodgepodge.html

1. Have you ever been fishing? Yes, as a child.  Did you catch a fish? Sometimes If so did you keep it or throw it back?What I caught was usually blue gill and yes we threw them back.  If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?

Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
This is a fine kettle of fish...we're trying to go through all the stuff in our house and thin it all out.  Not a fun thing.  But I like the results every time we unload some more. I just feel like our house keeps sighing in relief every time another heavy bag leaves.  haha

2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
My keys.

3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
The Incredible Mr. Limpet with Don Knotts and I'm not even a big Don Knotts' fan and I haven't seen it in years.  But I always did enjoy it.
Picture from Internet
Another would be Finding Nemo because I love Dory.
Picture from Internet


4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
I'd say sunrise because I think it is so beautiful. 
Sunrise at Myrtle Beach
But then so is Daytime at Myrtle Beach

And so is Sunset at Myrtle Beach


And so is Night time at Myrtle Beach
So I guess anytime of day is good when you're at the beach. ;)

5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
Something I wear regularly is a Myrtle Beach Sweatshirt that is probably at least 3 years old and then I have a Disney hoodie that is probably 7-8 years old that I still sometimes wear.

6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
Yes and we have plans to go to Pigeon Forge in a couple weeks. The best part has been finishing my radiation treatments and getting back to work and most regular activities.  

7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? No Frozen or on the rocks? Neither. I've never tasted a margarita.    Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? I do enjoy some of his music because it reminds me of the beach.  If so, what's your favorite JB tune? Probably Margaritaville just because its the one I'm most familiar with.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
 I just want to say thanks to Joyce for doing the Hodgepodge every week.  If you want to play along, answer the questions on your blog and then link up at Joyce's blog.  You can click the button at the top of my post to go to her blog.  

Cathy

12 comments:

  1. I so desperately need to get rid of all the things I've been holding on to for far to long. We agree on the movies. We usually see the sunsets here, I think that is why I'm so fond of evenings. Enjoy your time in Pigeon Forge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a meme on FB that suggested instead of giving up sweets for Lent, give up clutter by filling up one bag every day of Lent and donating it to charity. The bag can be big or small. We're going to start with the attic and it may actually be something I can stick with for Lent because the sweet stuff always fails. Sigh. Pigeon Forge! I'd love to go there some day. I like the name. Plus, it'd put me closer to Nashville daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked The Incredible Mr. Limpet too. Enjoy your trip to Pigeon Forge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe someone else chose The Incredible Mr. Limpet! I figured I might be the only person who even remembered it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful pictures I understand why that is your favorite time of day mine is day and twilight as those are my hours to relax.
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting back! Enjoy the spring. (Well, it feels like spring today here anyway.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I forgot about The Incredible Mr. Limpet until you wrote about it! Great movie! Your beach photos are lovely. No wonder you like the beach so much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's hard to beat the beach, although we haven't been in many years. I guess I really prefer the mountains. And, we love Pigeon Forge, have a good time. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Myrtle Beach looks beautiful. I agree anytime of day or night is great for the beach :) Enjoy your getaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww...I am so happy that you are beginning to resume activities again! Thanks for always been such a sweet friend, both on Instagram and on my blog. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I can identify with that feeling of relief when yet another bag of stuff gets removed from the house. It's such a huge task, but feels great, doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm happy you're finished with your treatments and normal life is resuming :)
    I've been trying to clean out and get rid of a few things, but there's much more that needs to go...
    Back in the day, I used to love having my dog groomed! I'll bet they feel better afterward, too.
    I'm excited for you about your upcoming trip. Sounds like fun. It's been years since I've been to Pigeon Forge, but I loved it.
    Enjoy the rest of your week,
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy