If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Thankful Thursday

Click here to link-up with Thankful Thursday


I have to be honest.  This is kind of how I feel today.  However, I refuse to stay this way.  That is why I'm choosing to be thankful.  Because even if I'm out of sorts, God is worthy of praise and I can praise Him by being thankful. So here goes.  

Some simple things I'm thankful for this week:


**Time to crochet and catch up on some TV shows with the hubby.  This is his blanket and it is gradually coming along.  I definitely need to get some better light to show off the really pretty colors in this blanket.  My daughter says I need a white light.  Gotta get to Amazon soon.  



**I'm thankful for these really cute decorations in our church.  One of the ladies got these and some beautiful mums and also candles and decorations in the windows.  They are so pretty and make our church look so nice.  I'm really thankful for this lady and all she does for the church.  Actually I'm thankful for all our people.  Always so ready to give and do and pray.  We are blessed to be together as a family.



**There's another lady at church that takes care of the flower beds.  She and her husband are wonderful with flowers.  This is a mum that was given at my mom's funeral in 2015 (I can't believe she's been gone 4 years already).  As you can see, there are tons of buds and some are already opening up.  This thrills me every year that it's still here.  My mom would have loved it.


**Audio Books - I'm thoroughly enjoying listening to this book while I'm working and I'm definitely getting into the Christmas mood.  lol

Photo is from the Internet


 So what are you thankful for this week?

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. I could see the colors well enough to see it's going to be a very pretty blanket. I have an Ott Light, it's great for my cross stitch. I also enjoy audio books, it's nice to sit back at let someone else do the reading for you. Loved the cartoon....I haven't slapped anyone upside the head but I do relate to some of those things sometimes. Hope your day is happy and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those fall decorations!!! I want them in my home!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems you've come up with some great small things to be thankful for. I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fall decorations! Did the lady buy them or make them? They are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very talented to make such lovely blankets. I know your hubby will love it. The fall decorations are so cute. Love them...and that book looks interesting. I haven't been reading much this whole past summer and now since we moved, and now I am getting antsy to start reading again. I'll have to "check it out". That mum is gorgeous, and yes, it is wonderful that it comes back every year in memory of your mother. That makes it really special. Love it. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy