Be sure to click the Hodgepodge Button to join in all the fun over a Joyce's "Side of the Pond"
1. Have you ever been to the US capital-Washington DC? If so, what's your favorite site? If not, what would you most like to see on a visit to that city someday in the future? Is it even on your list of places to visit?
I went with my oldest on her 8th grade trip and I absolutely loved it! My favorite site is the Lincoln Monument. Here are a couple of pictures.
|I just so much wanted to climb up in his lap for a few minutes.|
I also loved the White House, although we only saw it from the outside.
|I loved zooming in on the White House. I was hoping to see someone. But I didn't.|
|The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier was really awesome to see.|
Actually I loved all the monuments and memorials that we saw. I think every American should have the opportunity to tour our nation's capital. I hope to go back again someday with my husband.
2. When did you last attend a wedding? Are there any weddings on your summer calendar? Were you a summer bride? If you're single, is summer the season of your dream wedding?
It's been several years since I've been to a wedding. It may have been my cousin's son's wedding. I can't remember what season it was, although it was a beautiful wedding. No I was a February bride but it was a beautiful, warm, bright, sunny day.
3. What is your favorite way to eat strawberries?
Dipped in chocolate.
4. What is one thing you are especially looking forward to this summer?
Just spending time with my family. Hopefully grilling out a lot and maybe a few day trips around our area. Like hopefully, the Columbus Zoo.
5. Do you use/like the self checker at the grocery store?
Yes, I do like them as long as I don't have a great big order.
6. Share a favorite piece of common sense advice.
"Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you."
7. Barefoot, flip flops, tennis shoes, sassy sandals-your first choice for summertime?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My youngest just has 1 project to complete and she will be done with her Freshman year of high school! Yay! (edit: Her assignment is finished now! ) As soon as it's graded, she is officially a Sophomore! Congrats girl, you did a great job!