1. Noah Webster was born this week back in 1758....besides the online version, do you own a dictionary? Do you ever use the hardback copy or is your hunt for a definition strictly online these days?
Happy Birthday Mr. Webster! Yes, we do own a hardback dictionary. However, about the only time it gets used now is when we are playing Scrabble. You have to use the book and not the computer for Scrabble. It's just tradition!
2. Should public schools ban Halloween celebrations? What about other holiday celebrations currently under fire?
I don't think public schools should ban the Halloween celebrations. We always had so much fun when we were little getting to wear our costumes to school.
|How could you not want to see this face?|
3. What's your favorite 'dog' movie?
Probably" Old Yeller"
4. When were you last somewhere you'd describe as 'too quiet'?
I can't really think of anything recently. Maybe the last time I had to work a midnight shift at work at about 5:00 in the morning. There is a reason they call it the "graveyard shift."
5. Are you a neat cook or a messy cook? In other words do you clean as you go or make a big mess and then deal with it later?
I'm messy, but I usually have a sink of soapy water ready and wash up the dishes as I go when baking. When just cooking meals, I more often than not, just leave the dishes until I'm done.
6. Did you hear about Felix Baumgartner, the skydiver who broke the sound barrier via parachute? Was your first thought COOL! or was your first thought CRAZY! Are you adventurous?
I read about it on a blog yesterday and my thought is Cool! But would I do it? No way.
7. What's not a word but should be?
Grunchy...that's grumpy and grouchy together. And some days it just takes the combination to explain how I feel.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Anybody watching the new show "Revolution?" It's actually pretty good. I watched the first show of "Beauty and the Beast" and it wasn't bad. How about "Elementary"? It's a remake of the Sherlock Holmes story. So far each of these are pretty good. How about you...watching any new shows? Let me know what you think of them.