If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Monday, November 24, 2014

Thanks List

I was reading a devotion today from Proverbs 31 Ministries which was asking if the "if the daily grind has made you blind."  It also said, "Sometimes naming a gift helps us to see it more clearly. Maybe that's why God urges us to remember our blessings: "O my soul ... don't forget a single blessing!" (Psalm 103:2, MSG)"

So as a reminder to myself I'm writing this list of things I am thankful for. They are in no particular order except just what comes to mind. In fact, yesterday, hubby's sermon was on being a grumbler and I know I can fall into that very easily. So today I choose to be thankful.

- My husband who stands beside me in the good and bad times. 
- My parents who have loved me since the day I was born.

My parents from a few years ago with Kerri

- My girls whom I have loved since I first met them.

This is the first time they visited in our home
- My God and Savior
- My job-even though I often want to retire, I'm thankful for my job and all it has provided for our family. 
- My brothers and sisters whom without them it would be so much harder to walk this road we are on right now.
 
- Lucy brings me endless laughter and joy.

We used this picture for our Christmas card this year.
- My church family is always there in the good and bad times. 
- My in-laws who raised such a wonderful man and then gave him to me.

These are my husband's parents with Kerri from a few years ago.

- Our home and our vehicles - they all provide what we need and even more.
- Our precious little honorary granddaughter, Carina.  Nana and Poppy love you!


 - Our many trips to Disney World with the girls through the years.  So many wonderful memories and I'm proud to say they love Disney as much as their Daddy and I do.  lol

 

I'm going to close this  for now, but I'm sure I'll be adding more as the day and even week goes on. 

10 comments:

  1. That's a lovely list. Sounds like you have lots of people who love you also. Btw, love Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful list! Happy Thanksgiving...enjoy your non-traditional meal. You'll have family around you, and that's the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all guilty of taking things for granted. I know I am. There are so many blessings for which to be thankful. Tis the season, but we should be thankful everyday. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading thankful posts this time of year!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do enjoy reading all the thankful posts! Yours was a great one! Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a beautiful list....

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just thinking of you and your family today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete