If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, June 16, 2017

Five Minute Friday: Worth


It's time for Five Minute Friday where we are given a prompt and have five minutes to write about it. You can go here to join up with FMF if you'd like.


This week's  prompt:  Worth

“Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭10:29-31‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Do you ever wonder if you're worth anything?  I know I can really get down on myself when I mess up or do something wrong and I just feel so bad. But when we feel like that we should turn to Jesus. I mean, look at that verse above. It talks about God taking care of the sparrows who aren't worth much. If He cares for them we know He will care for us. John 3:16 tells us that He loves us so much, He sent His only son to die for us. I don't know why He loves us that much, but He must. I mean I wouldn't send my child to die for the world. So when I get down on myself, I need to remember God loves me and thinks I'm worth it.

That's my five minutes.

Cathy


6 comments:

  1. Yes! Thank you for your reminder, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so encouraging to remember the worth God places on us. Great truth to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Cathy! This is how I think of worth also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And that's a very good 5 minutes. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can get down on myself too. Thank you for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello - visiting this afternoon from FMF. Hope you are enjoying a wonderful Lord's Day!

    Such an appropriate verse for the prompt! Appropriate post....thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy