If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Wednesday Medley




NATIONAL PIE DAY

National Pie Day is celebrated annually on January 23rd. (Not to be confused with March 14 which is PI π Day.) 

National Pie Day was created simply to celebrate the pie.  It is a day for all to bake or cook their favorite pies.  Even more importantly, it is a day set aside for all to enjoy eating pies!

The first pies appeared around 9500 BC in the Egyptian Neolithic period or New Stone Age.





1.  Okay, fess up.  Tell us your top three favorite pies, please.  Will you have some pie today?  Chocolate, Coconut Cream and Cherry and I will probably not have pie today, because pie is something I rarely ever eat.



2.  While we are talking about food... are you a picky eater or are you ready to try almost any new food?  What is the worst thing you have ever eaten?  I don’t think I’m a picky eater but there are some things I don’t like and won’t eat.  Liver!



3.  Baking could be considered an art as could cooking.  How do you define art? I think art is a way to express yourself and your feelings about something.



4.  Tell us a really stupid joke that made you laugh, please. 





5.  January 23rd is also National Handwriting Day. Do you have nice handwriting? Did cursive writing come naturally or did you practice in those double-lined practice books until your fingers hurt? My writing is semi-readible, but definitely not pretty.  I’m sure I practice, but I really can’t remember that far back.


6.  Tell us something random about your week. I finished a really good book yesterday morning (when I couldn’t sleep).  It’s called “Full Disclosure” by Dee Henderson.  I’ve got two more books by her on my Kindle to read next.  I’ve probably read at least 8 or 9 books by this officer and have loved every one of them.



Hope you are having a great week and thanks for visiting.  Click here if you’d like to link up with Wednesday Medley.

Cathy

10 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading your answers. I used to read all the time...not so much any more. I love a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my kindle now! I have the very first version and it is so old and NOT AT ALL user friendly but I still love it way more than a real book!! So convenient! Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mine too. I can take it everywhere I go and have a ton of books with me whenever I want.

      Delete
  3. I read constantly, but I don't use a Kindle. I prefer the old fashioned way, and keep our public library busy. I love the Rice Krispie joke. I believe it is true...that is no joke! LOL. Snap, crackle, pop! Yep...it's true... Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love books too, but the Kinle is so much lighter and is easier on my hands than a book. Plus most of the books I read on Kindle I access through my library.

      Delete
  4. I will not eat liver either! GROSS!
    I loved your joke! I enjoyed your answers! Happy Wednesday!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the book review! Another person with coconut pie in the top three and another person who hates liver. We have a theme going on here today! Thanks for joining the Medley!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can hardly imagine anyone liking liver, but my husband and bother do. Weird! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy