If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Wednesday Hodgpodge



From this Side of the Pond

Click the button above to link up with Joyce


1. In Monday’s post I mentioned I would incorporate the word I was given for letter K into this week’s questions. That word was karaoke. On a scale of 1-10 how excited would you be to find out there was karaoke happening at your next gathering/outing with friends? 10=gimme that microphone!, and 1=I suddenly remembered there’s somewhere else I need to be. Have you ever actually done karaoke? If you had to perform karaoke what would be your ‘go-to’song?
I'd be a 3 or 4 because I would enjoy watching and listening but I wouldn't probably be willing to sing.  There was a time and place when I would have as I've sung at weddings and funerals and church services for years.  However, I've not sung much in the past several years and I've lost my voice.  I no longer have much range and my voice cracks a lot now.  That being said, I love to watch others do Karaoke and would have a blast being the audience.  If I were to actually do Karaoke I'd probably choose an old country song...maybe Jolene or I Fall to Pieces...something like that.

2. How do you listen to music these days? Favorite app or do you listen the old fashioned way? Do you have music playing often in your home? Is there still a CD player in your car?

About the only time I listen to music is at work on Pandora, which I really enjoy.  Sometimes I also listen to YouTube Music Videos.  No, I don't listen to music at home often, except for sometimes the YouTube Videos.  Yes, we have a CD player in our vehicles.

3. The HP lands on US tax day this year. Or what used to be tax day before everything including filing your taxes was cancelled, delayed, postponed or extended. FYI- filing your taxes has not been cancelled, only delayed for a bit.

Besides staying away from anyone and everyone, what have you found taxing lately?

The hardest for us probably is that we can't meet for church.  I really miss being with our church family.  Otherwise, since I'm still working everyday (hubby too), not a lot has changed except going out to eat.  Now it's just carry-out (which is okay too).

4. You’re without power so no oven, and you can’t open your frig or freezer in order to keep what’s in there from spoiling. And you don’t have access to take out. What will you make us for dinner?

I think the only thing left would be chips, crackers & peanut butter and fruit.  lol

5.  I’ve seen this exercise going around Facebook and thought it would be a good one to include in the HP...what are five things everybody seems to love and go crazy for that you personally don’t care for?

Coffee, Tea, The Bachelor, The Office and anything with Zombies

6.  Insert your own random thought here.




Cathy

20 comments:

  1. I miss church too. I love tea, like coffee but am with you on the other three :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be so good to get back to church. I think maybe I will appreciate the privilege even more after this time.

      Delete
  2. me too: Magnificent lol--have a great day friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little sign at the end. Stay well, Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, love listening to old Country songs. In fact, we've a radio station that plays only 'Real Country.'
    Magnificent sounds so much nicer than elderly. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on The Office and zombies. I don't see the appeal of either. The church/Bible study thing is hard. My study group met online last night and I was in on part of it but our internet was acting up and it cut me off about 30 minutes into it. I don't know what was up with it. It's working fine today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the internet is just so busy right now that sometimes it just can't hardly handle everything. We have trouble from time to time right now too.

      Delete
  6. Great answers. It's nice to be "magnificent"!! We miss church family too and being able to go out to eat. We really haven't done any take out except for Domino's pizza a couple of times. We don't have much else to choose from here in our little town. Our own good restaurant closed all together. Praying it will be able to open back up when this is over. I do love tea, but no coffee or any of those other things. I don't watch much TV, except for Maine Cabin Masters and HomeTown, and Fox news just to get the basics. We have to turn all news off after a bit as it is just TOO much!! Have a blessed week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't watch news at all. I can get all that I want (which isn't much) online. We live right between Dayton and Cincinnati, so within about 30 minutes there is most any restaurant we would want. But we usually stay a little closer to home right now.

      Delete
  7. I have a strong feeling I'm more magnificent than you. LOL! Glad you can still get takeout easily!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I miss our church family, as well, and I can't stand The Bachelor!
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not even sure I've watched a complete episode, because I really have no interest in it.

      Delete
  9. Oh yeah, I forgot about the whole Zombie craze. Not my thing either. I have always wished I were a good singer and it is one of the things I look forward to in heaven. I am certain I'll be able to sing there : ) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, I believe we'll all be able to sing in heaven. It's going to be so fun and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love to sing, but I'm pretty positive others don't enjoy hearing me, as I'm generally off-key. I have never done karaoke, though. I am not into The Bachelor either. I don't get the fascination for it...though back in the day, I watched The Dating Game. Remember that, from the 60's?

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't been anywhere in a long time where there would even be karaoke. I think you're right on the cracker, chips and PB. I never watched The Office and I don't like Zombies either. I like your random thought.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy