If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2022

Thankful Thursday


 Enter here or here to link up with Thankful Thursday.

Here are a couple of things I am very thankful for this week.

**Yesterday was my annual mammogram day.  All is good.  Since 2016, I kind of hold my breath until I get the results.  I truly try not to worry, but it's still there in the back of my mind.  I just to a bit of praying and try to leave it all in God's hands.  But I am so thankful that again this year, I am all clear.  I did have a small bump on my side and she took a biopsy, but she didn't believe it had anything to do with breast cancer.  Waiting to hear back on that.  But again, I know God has got this!

Ugly hospital gown.  Of course, I had to wear
a mask, so if I have to do that, I figure you
might as well sparkle some. Even an old lady
likes to sparkle sometimes! lol

**I saw our new tenant today and I got a couple of pictures.  They are not real clear since I used my phone.  The tenant is so cute and tiny.  Hoping I will catch more glimpses in the future.

sitting in the tree getting ready to go in

flying in

peeking out

coming out

I'm planning to set a chair out in the drive and hopefully see more of this bird and I'll try to use my Kodak or hubby's Cannon to get a little clearer view.  I'm trying to stay pretty far away because I don't want to scare it away.  I'm very excited about this and planning to maybe pick up another bird house and hang it in a place that I can see from inside the house.

**I'm also thankful for my family and friends and for all of you too.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy






13 comments:

  1. I love bird watching!!!! Glad you have someone moving in so fast :)

    I'm sure you do hold your breath each time you get your mammogram. the key is staying ahead of the game, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you are right. I already have my appointment for next May.

      Delete
  2. That is good news on your mammogram. I have the paperwork to set up mine. Two times I had to have further checking and they were in the clear. I'm nervous about this one yet I have to reason to be. Love your new tenant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praying all will go well this time my friend.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the clear mammo! Mine's coming up on June 3 and already I'm fretting -- just as I do every year. Reminds me of a meme I spotted yesterday: "God's still writing your story; quit trying to grab the pen."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that and it is so true! I told hubby he needed that for a sermon or newsletter. I try to grab that pen way too often!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the clear mammogram. I had breast cancer 14 years ago...long story...needless to say, I don't have breasts to worry about now, grin. ANYWAYS-TMI. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We’ll I only have one and I think I should get 50% off on mammograms. Lol. So glad you are lol okay now. 14 years is a long time. Mt sister is 31 years.

      Delete
  5. So thankful your mammo was clear. Praise God! And you look lovely in your mask and gown! Yes, you do sparkle!! Oh, a bird already moving into your new birdhouse? How wonderful! I do hope she will build a nice nest and have lots of baby birdies for you to enjoy! Our bluebirds are coming back already for their 2nd round of babies! I'm so excited! Have a blessed and wonderful rest of your week/weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seeing your houses and birds is what inspiredme to get a birdhouse. Loving it so far.

      Delete
  6. So glad your 'girls' are cleared for another year! Always makes me happy too. Mine is coming up in July (I think). Congrats on the new tenant!! Keep us posted, please!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing your praise - and hooray for clear mammograms! Yes, might as well wear the bling....especially with those gowns!!:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy