If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Friday, June 9, 2017

Five Minute Friday - Expect

Five Minute Friday Prompt:  expect

What do you expect out of life?  Do you expect good or bad?  Or do you have expectations at all, but rather just face it as it comes. Sometimes I think I can be pretty negative and expect the worst to happen in life. I worry and fret and then it doesn't happen and I've wasted all that time worrying for nothing.

I prefer to spend my time expecting good things and let God worry about the negative things. I mean, why not?  Will my worrying and expecting bad things to happen change a thing?  No.  I don't think so. So why not leave the worry up to God (I promise, He's not going to lose any sleep).  Jesus, I choose to expect you to be with me always and take care of me in the You know is best.

Five Minute Friday is where you get a prompt and you write for 5 minutes on that topic.  If you'd like to participate this week, just click here.

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. Amen! "Dont worry about tomorrow for today has enough worries of it's own!" Blessed to be your neighbor at FMF this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if we expect good things, we will see good things happen...and our attitude will be positive! I like this post. God is good to bless us with good things...we are truly happy/blessed people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I can waste a lot of time worrying, but it won't change anything. It is better to focus on God and to expect him to be with us whatever happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right. Worrying and expecting the worst is something a lot of us do and it changes nothing. It's almost like we're afraid to be happy because we know the rug will be pulled out from under us. It's not like we are in control of anything. Thankfully, God is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great 5minute post. You are so right, Look for the good and let God take care of the bad. He is our Father and He can handle it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy