If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2021

Thankful Thursday

Click here, here or here to link up.

 On Tuesday, Jennifer at Overflowing With Thankfulness wrote a post about the Library in her town and I so loved it, as I am a big fan of Libraries. You  can see her post here. So, today for my Thankful Thursday post, I'd like to show you a couple pictures from my local Library as I am so thankful for it.  I love to read and have loved to read since I was a little girl.  I remember getting to go to this Library when I was little and I remember one in a nearby town that we used to live in and mom taking us kids in the summer.  I would get all these Junior Biographies of historical characters such as:  Molly Pitcher, Clara Barton, Abraham Lincoln, etc.  I just loved reading.  Also, of course, the Little House Books and Trixie Beldon, just so many.  

I believe my mom instilled the love of reading for me and also some teachers who read to us out loud in class and then I'd get the books and read them myself.  And still today, I love to read good, clean fiction and some biographies, too.  Once in awhile I'll even read a mystery, but usually I get to antsy and can hardly wait until the end. I haven't been inside recently due to the you know what, but I'm always getting ebooks from there for my Kindle and also through the Libby app which is connected to my Library card.  I also get audio books to download to my computer and listen to while I'm working.

I went to the Library's website and checked on the history.  In 1903 Andrew Carnegie offered $10,000.00 to Lebanon for a public Library.  And the rest is history that you can read right here.  

I got this picture from the internet at LebanonLibrary.org

So here are a few of my pictures from my library.  

The Library Gazebo Park (this picture and the next 2 also)



This is the fiction section where I spend most of my time (next picture also)


Front entrance (and the next picture)


I am so thankful God gave me a mom who passed on to me her love of reading. 

So what are you thankful for today.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.

Cathy


10 comments:

  1. I love your library. I am a part time Liberian for our small town Library and I run it in memory of my Mom. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome Lisa. I would love to volunteer at my Library when I retire.

      Delete
  2. A Library Park, what a wonderful thing to have. I also love to visit the library, we have a nice one here in my little town. I also love to read and I love books!! Enjoyed your post today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your early memories of visiting the library with your mother are much the same as mine! Weren't we so blessed? It's been a long time since I visited ours, but it always feels almost like a refuge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your library is lovely! My mom was not a reader so I really don't know where I found my love of books but I have been an avid reader since I started reading in first grade. My folks encouraged me to read. No library in my little town but I had all 52 (at that time) Nancy Drew books in my room, plus a stack of Trixie Belden and a few Hardy Boys. Great memories!! I enjoyed this post! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terri. I never read Nancy Drew but I loved Trixie Belden. My husband has most, if not all of the Hardy Boys (several different editions) and that is the series that got my oldest daughter hooked on reading!

      Delete
  5. The library is so beautiful. I am so glad your mom gave you a love for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a BEAUTIFUL library, Cathy! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and thanks for the blog shout out! It sounds like we have a lot in common. I'm enjoying your blog and our new friendship too! I hope you have the BEST weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy