If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

From this Side of the Pond
Click above to link up.

1. 'Tis the season to be jolly....so are you? Not sure I'd say jolly, but definitely joyful!

2. Do you trim a tree this time of year, and if so is yours all done?  Usually, I do but the last 2 years we've just put up a small tree with fiber optic lights.  Branches do not hold ornaments and we've just enjoyed the lights.  I plan to do the same this year,  but I told hubby next year I want a tree that I can put my ornaments on.  I'm missing the ornaments this year.  I'll use some to decorate other areas this year...but next year the tree! What's something in your home-closet-life that needs to be trimmed in the new year? I'm hoping to do new paint and floors over most of the house in the new year.

3. Are you 'dreaming of a white Christmas'? Not really.  Is that a possibility where you'll be celebrating? Sure it is.  In fact we have snow this morning.  According to this site the top ten places in the US you can count on for a white Christmas are- North Pole Alaska, Crater Lake Oregon, Yellowstone National Park, Winthrop Washington, Aspen Colorado, Ketchum Idaho, Mt. Washington New Hampshire, Whitefish Montana, Duluth Minnesota, and the Lake Tahoe town of Truckee California Of the snowy spots listed which would you most like to visit? Yellowstone National Park

4. December 8th is National Brownie Day...will you be celebrating? I don't think so.  I'm not a major brownie fan.  That being said, if someone gave me one, I'd probably eat it.  lolHow do you like your brownies-chewy or cake-like, frosted or plain, nuts or no nuts, a piece from the middle or give me the corner?  Frosted, no nuts.  As a child were you a member of a brownie troop? No

5. Share a favorite line or two from a Christmas carol or holiday tune. 
Silent night, holy night
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories streams from heaven afar
Heavenly hosts sing alleluia
Christ the Savior is born.

Can you even imagine what that must have been like for the shepherds...I so love the thought.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

What If the Wisemen Were Wise Women?

My husband found this and used it in a sermon in 2008. I loved it so much then and posted it. I decided I wanted to share it with you again (in 2012). And now I'm posting it again in 2021. Hope it makes you laugh like it does me. 

Ever wonder what it would’ve been like if the wise men had been women? When they arrived at the manger, you can bet they would have:

1. asked for directions;
2. arrived on time;
3. helped deliver the baby;
4. cleaned the stable;
5. brought practical gifts; and
6. made a casserole!

And a couple of our ladies added another one.
7. They would have made reservations ahead of time!

Thanks for visiting and I hop you have a great day!

Cathy

21 comments:

  1. We will have a quiet Christmas this year, but I love to have a tree up and my favorite thing is sitting beside it with the lights on while it's still dark outside. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine ours will be quiet also. I'm so happy though that my 2 girls and their families are going to be together this year. Hopefully, next year we can all be together...that would be awesome!

      Delete
  2. Too cute about the Wise Women! "Joyful" sounds so much nicer than "Jolly."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Wiseman We are doing small and up high because of pets .

    ReplyDelete
  4. That wise woman .. LOL.. that's too funny - I bet the congregation got a kick out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Wise Women - too true, too true!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought about a fiber optic tree, but I want to put up the ornaments that CH & I bought on vacations.
    Your comment about the brownie (if someone gave you one you'd probably eat it) made me chuckle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do enjoy our tree but, as I stated, other than an arrangement on the bar, that's our only decoration. I just grew weary with all the pulling out and putting up.

    Love the Wise Women, cute and oh, so true! Christmas blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're not doing a lot this year either. Actually I'm pretty happy with a wreath on the door and a flag on the porch and our new nativity in the yard. Though I'll do the fiber optic tree (eventually) and a couple other things.

      Delete
  8. I always chuckle when I read the wise women ditty! Very fun (and true)! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is always a fun post to read! Now I want to go visit North Pole, Alaska for a white Christmas. Someday! Both my husband and I would love to visit there. I'd love to go while it's cold! I love that wise women saying from your husband. It's so true! The "brought a casserole" cracks me up. Hope your week has been good so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be fun! I hope you get to go someday.

      Delete
  10. It feels good to have my ornaments on my tree this year. I hope things run smoothly for you next year with your floors and painting. That is a great line from a beautiful song. Love your random!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy