If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 



1. Do you like the beach? How far do you have to drive to get to the nearest beach? Your least favorite thing about the beach? Last beach trip you took? Yes, I like the beach.  I'm not sure how far the nearest one is.  But we typically go to Myrtle Beach for our beach fix and it's over 600 miles to there from home.  I'm not a fan of the loose sand, I much prefer to walk on the sand packed down from the waves.  I also can't handle the really hot, hot days which is why we go in November usually.  Our last beach trip was in November 2021.  Don't know yet if we will make it there this year.


2. Are you known for making waves or are you more of a 'go along to get along' kind of person? Explain. I typically try not to make waves.  I'd rather just get along.  However, that being said, I will not compromise on the truth.  I still don't want to fight about it, but I'm willing to discuss what I believe as long as we do it kindly.

3. A favorite song that in some way references the beach? A favorite book and/or movie with a beach-y setting? Most anything by the Beach Boys reminds me of the beach and Jimmy Buffet songs too.  As far as a movie, I always enjoyed the old beach movies that Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon were in, such as Beach Blanket Bingo, etc.  Also Elvis made some pretty good beach movies too such as Blue Hawaii. Probably one of the favorites would be Soul Surfer.  Death in Paradise is a pretty good beach TV series.  Below is a video of the Beach Boys singing Kokomo.



4.Tuesday is National Simplicity Day...what's a simple pleasure you've enjoyed this week? What's something you could eliminate from your life to make things simpler? My early morning walks with the dog and relaxing with hubby in the evenings.  I can't eliminate it but I'd love to be able to not have to deal with getting enrolled with Medicare...so far, nothing has been simple.  lol  But I do know that eventually it will get done and that's a relief to know.

5. What's something you love to do? Do you do it often? Why or why not? I love to read and sometimes I do it often and sometimes not.  No real reason but just the way it is.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
This came from the YouVersion App

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. WOW, I am a HUGE Jimmy Buffett fan and I didn't even think of him for that answer. I shock myself sometimes. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was too old when Jimmy Buffet came along, but I sure do remember the Beach Boys. They were some of my favorites! Surfer Girl was one in particular, because I used to dream about being a surfer girl. I did try it a couple of times, but didn't do very well. A little too scary for me! And yes, it's probably best to try and keep from "making waves" in this crazy political climate, but then again, we do have to stand for the truth whenever the opportunity arises...but yes, do it in love. That can be a challenge in itself because so often the "other side" wants to take it to the next level. I have to pray for wisdom so often before commenting on "issues". Good post. I hope you make it back to the beach. We live about 60 miles from it and rarely ever get there. Silly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done a little body surfing in the waves, but never on a surf board. Praying for wisdom before we speak or write is always a good thing. Take care my friend.

      Delete
  3. I have heard wonderful things about Myrtle beach! Your picture sure did it justice - looks fabulous!!! I love that Kokomo song too - definitely beachy! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoy Myrtle Beach especially in November. Not too crowded nor too hot.

      Delete
  4. I agree, I like walking by the water where the sand is hardened. I agree, we can't compromise on the truth. I love the song you shared. It felt great listening to it. True, medicare is not easy to figure out. Mark usually does that for me. I'm glad you enjoy reading. I keep telling myself to start. I have purchased so many free books on my Kindle app and I should start to read. Love your random....AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really going through a slump in my reading right now. I've started several books and none of them are grabbing me. Hopefully this will pass soon.

      Delete
  5. Amen to that last!! I try to avoid being in the direct sun for more than a few minutes. Too many skin cancers so that's my excuse. I agree with you that Fall is a much better time to hit the beach!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't stay in the sun too long either. I go out in the early morning or late afternoon and of course usually the sun is not as fierce in November.

      Delete
  6. My husband brought up Beach Blanket Bingo! I'm with you on preferring the beach in the winter months. I also do not ever want to compromise the Truth. Happy Hodgepodge to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was fun! We loved visiting Myrtle Beach back in 2017. Also, I know I'm younger, but I love the song Kokomo by The Beach Boys! Quintessential summer in a song, in my humble opinion. Have a great one, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your answers this week....I'm way behind on commenting

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy