Saturday 9: Beautiful (2005)
|Unfamiliar with this week's |
tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Moby sings about a self-involved couple who believes others are fascinated by their glamorous lives. Tell us about the most interesting couple you know. If you take the time to learn people, almost everyone is interesting in some way or another.
2) This song was inspired by the proliferation of reality shows, where celebrities share their lives on camera. Does the idea of becoming rich and famous in exchange for letting a film crew into your home appeal to you? No, not at all.
3) "Beautiful" appears in the soundtrack of the movie The Devil Wears Prada, starring Meryl Streep. She was nominated for an Academy Award for her performance, which is no surprise because she has more Oscar nominations than any other actor or actress. Do you have a favorite Meryl Streep movie? The first one I ever saw, Kramer vs Kramer.
4) Moby has openly discussed how Christ has influenced his life and art. Do you consider yourself religious or spiritual? If yes, how do your beliefs impact your daily life? I am a born again believer in Jesus Christ and He impacts everything in my life.
5) His real name is Richard Melville Hall. His parents began calling him "Moby" almost immediately because they felt "Richard Melville Hall" sounded too big for a baby. When did you most recently hold a baby? It would probably be my great-nephew and it's been about a year.
6) He began shaving his head when he was in his 30s. It was at the request of a girlfriend, who said she liked bald men. Would you change your appearance to please your lover? If he asked I probably would. But that is a safe answer, because he would never ask me to change my looks.
7) Moby's house was once owned by Marlon Brando and was later rented to The Beatles. What do you know about the previous residents of your home? There were no previous residents.
8) In 2005, when "Beautiful" was released, actress Ruth Warrick died. She began her career in radio, made her film debut in Citizen Kane, and she was best known as matriarch Phoebe Tyler on All My Children, a role she played for 35 years. What's the longest you stayed at the same job? 45 years
9) Random question: Without looking, do you know how much money is in your checking account right now? Approximately.
Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day.
I like your answer to #1. #7 reminds me of my mom. My grandparents built the house my mom lived in when she was in her teens. After she was married and had her second baby (me), she and my dad bought the house from my grandparents, who wanted to downsize to an apartment. She really loved it that no one had lived in that house but her family.ReplyDelete
My dad built the house we live in for us.Delete
#4...I am a born again Christian too. Thank-you so much for the prayers on the classroom situation. I believe God has big things for us and as much as we are nervous and stressed, we are both Christians and believe He will have His hand in this and all will be fine. I am also praying the building is done early. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.♥ReplyDelete
This much I know, everything is in His control!Delete
#1 So true!ReplyDelete
#8 Whoa! You got me beat by 17 years!
I thought I had the longest job, 30 years, but you beat me with 48!ReplyDelete
Not 48...just 45 and that was enough! lolDelete
45 years, that’s impressiveReplyDelete
I guess you could say, I don't like change, lolDelete
I think the days of being in a job for many years are about gone. That's sad, to me.ReplyDelete
It does seem to be that way.Delete
I like your #6 answer! Good for that man of yours! I enjoyed your answers today!! Wishing you a blessed Sunday and week ahead! xoReplyDelete
Thanks Terri. You too!Delete
Great answers, Cathy! I especially liked your #1 and #4.ReplyDelete
None of the Sat 9ers liked the idea of letting a film crew into their home with at least some restrictions. lol And, like you, Christ is my Rock. Have a great week, Cathy!ReplyDelete