If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2023

Thankful Thursday


 Good Morning:

I'm linking up with Jennifer and Rebecca this morning to give thanks to God for whatever pops into my mind.  He is so worthy of our praise and I never want to fail to give Him thanks.

**Yesterday, I attended a new Crochet Group that is just starting up.  My sister invited me.  Right now there are just 4 of us who met at one of the lady's home.  She is just beginning to learn to crochet and wanted to do it with others that could help her along the way.  The 3 others (including my sister) all go to the same church.  I was pleased they let me tag along too.  I have met the lady who is hosting once before and really like her.  The other lady I've acquainted with, but don't know her super well.  I'm looking forward to getting to know them all well as I could use some friends.  Since leaving work, I don't have lots of opportunities to be around others in a social setting.  We just sat in her family room (on the most comfy sofas) and crocheted and talked.  This also gives me the incentive to crochet more.  Below is the picture of what I'm starting with and that new pattern I'm learning.  I've already picked out the yarn from my stash for the next project I do. lol  Thank you God for letting me meet with these ladies. 


**Also yesterday, the new Bible Study we'll be doing starting next month came in the mail.  It's the second one we've done that was written by Jennifer Rothschild and it's on the book of Amos.  I don't know a lot about Amos and I'm looking forward to finding out more.


**Sunday afternoon I got to meet with some former co-workers for a late lunch.  It was so fun to see these people and catch up with all the goings on in each other's lives.  Some had kids that recently got married and of course, you know we were all showing off our grandkids.  lol  

**I'm thankful for the Word of God and the 4 Gospels are what I am focusing on this year.  If you are interested, you can look back at a couple of previous posts where I talk about how this is working.  I'm also thankful for the sermon series my husband is doing on the book of Ruth.  I have always loved this book and I feel like I'm learning so many new things.  If this is something you might be interested in, you can check out my Bits of This and That posts where I have attached the YouTube Videos for these sermons.

**I'm also thankful for the beautiful blue skies this morning.  I just stepped outside the front door the church to snap a picture or two.




Sometimes I feel as though I post the same things over and over, but these are the things that pop into my mind and I'm thankful for them over and over.  I'm also thankful for my family, church family, and all the friends I've met here through blogging.  

It's time for me to get to my morning Bible reading now.  So I'll say goodbye and "see you" soon.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy


14 comments:

  1. I don't think there's ever a wrong time or place to give thanks for what we've been given. I love the shade of your new yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been busy. I'm glad you joined the crochet group and your new Bible study will be nice. Also nice that you went out to lunch with your former co-workers. I always love seeing the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to have a yarn group - full of knitters & crocheters & it was just the best time together - seeing what everyone was making & help when you're stuck on something. & just the friendship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wanted to be part of a group. And I love reading books that take place in a yarn shop. I don't know why, but I just do.

      Delete
  4. I love that yarn you chose!! Nice to have a group to visit with while you do your crafts. I love your blue sky photos! God sure picked the best colors!! It is always fun to visit with former coworkers!! I'm looking forward to that later this month! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I did mine.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks so cute with the black and white polka dots and the heart. Love it. Very festive. I like to think those white dots are snowballs. But I think I am about the only one who isn't tired of snow by February. Haven't checked to see what the groundhog is predicting today. Feels like spring here.

    Blue skies and catching up with friends are great things to be thankful for. I am thankful for the mornings I choose or am able to start out on the right foot with my devotional time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make the day better when I start that way.

      Delete
  6. I love that you got together with some ladies to crochet! I imagine it was really cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crochet group sounds lovely! I've been wanting to get better at crocheting because I saw some Mickey coasters I wanted to learn how to crochet! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's wonderful to be thankful for our blessings. We had a shower today and now the sky is clear and so blue! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Cathy, it is nice to craft with friends. I meet with my Bible journaling friends next week. I met Jennifer Rothschild at a Women of Faith Conference when she signed a book, I bought from her. I like sky pictures. I took a really good one the other day of palm trees and the mountains in the background with snow. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy