If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1.Describe your 30's in one sentence. If you're not yet 30 tell us one thing you hope to accomplish once you hit that particular decade.
Got married, adopted 2 children (ages 2 and 5) and learned  to live as a family together.

2. Is it harder for you to exercise or eat healthy?
Both are hard, but I'm learning to do them.  

3. June 7th is National VCR Day. Huh? Anyway this reminded me of something I saw on Facebook listing household items we no longer have and the VCR was on it. I couldn't put my hands on that list, but found another list here of 21 items we all had ten years ago, but which are now obsolete-
bookshelves (WHAT!!???), drip coffee makers, alarm clocks, file cabinets, desktop computers, printers, printed phone books, answering machines, fax machines, paper shredders, a Rolodex, CD racks, CD burners, china cabinets, home phones, entertainment consoles, DVD players, calculators, takeout menus, incandescent light bulbs, and cable TV
Your thoughts? How many on the list do you still have? Still use?
Book shelves for sure, what else are you going to do with your books.  Yes, I have a Kindle but still have a lot of books I don't wish to get rid of.

We still have an alarm clock, but we really don't use it any more.  We use our phones.

We do have a file cabinet, but actually I use a smaller file box instead now.

We both have desktop computers.  I just bought a new MAC computer.

Yes we have a printer and use it and a paper shredder.

We have a DVD player and definitely use it.

We have cable TV too.

4. What's something you see disappearing in the next ten years?

I'm not sure, but on some days (especially days like today), I fear it may be my sanity.  lol

5. How did you celebrate your birthday this past year? Is that typical?
That's been almost a year ago and I can't remember.  But usually hubby and I just go out for dinner somewhere.  We typically do not make a big thing out of birthdays.

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Is the weather strange where you are?  I mean it’s June and I had to wear a hoodie to take my walk this morning at 6:00. What is up with that?

Click the button at the top if you’d like to participate in the Hodgepodge. Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day. 

Cathy

11 comments:

  1. I think we're all incredulous at the idea of dispensing with bookshelves! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I can't even imagine not having some bookshelves. I love mine. And I love the pictures I've seen of your library...it looks so comfy.

      Delete
  2. It's been so nice here early morning for coffee on the porch. We warm up mid day though and it's hot and humid. I'm not complaining though! We've had so much rain and I'm definitely feeling grateful for the sunshine and warmer temps. Your sanity-ha! I know what you mean! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm really not complaining about the weather. I love it to be cool when I go to walk in fact that's why I walk in the early morning. And today is another day I wonder about my sanity. Maybe I'm to old to keep working here. lol

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful challenge you took on in your 30's. I find eating healthy to be somewhat easy but I do have times when I cheat. Exercise is not easy but I'm pushing myself each day because it is very important for us. We have most of those items on the list and I don't plan on giving up on them yet. I like a clock next to my bed buy I depend on my phone to wake me up. I think going out to dinner is the best way to celebrate a birthday. In Southern CA we get something called May Gray and June Gloom. It is overcast every morning until about noon or later. I don't like it at all. Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Gray and June Gloom sure don't sound like much fun. I really don't mind the cooler weather right now, but it just seems strange to me a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes it’s cool here as well! Good thing I didn’t pack all my sweaters away for the summer. Sounds like your 30’s were busy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm amazed bookshelves are on that list. I have four, two of them hold books, one my DVD collection and one my board games. I think even if people don't have as many books, bookshelves are still a useful piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Cathy, for your nice comment. Blogger isn't forwarding comments to my email today, for some reason, so I'm responding here. I had no problem at all turning 30 or 40 or 50 or 60. But this number 70 is a different animal altogether. And I suppose it's very possible that it's because I'm also going to be a great grandma for the first time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a NOOK, but haven't used it for a couple of years. I just prefer to hold a real book in my hands so my bookshelves aren't going anywhere. I can't imagine anyone thinks they are obsolete. Even people who don't read have them to display things on.

    Kudos to you for the way you spent your 30's! That was really quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been walking at 5:45 & it's been really cool this week. I know it's going to change!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy