If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, May 4, 2020

A Duck Duck Goose Kinda Weekend



I love the weekends whether quiet or busy, I just really love them.  On Saturday morning hubby and I got up and got out of the house by around 9:30-10:00am.  We ran to the post office and then went to the church for a bit.  We dropped off the mail that we had stopped and picked up and then he had a few things he wanted to do.  I took a few minutes and played the piano, which I haven't really done much of in the past month or two since we haven't had church.

We then went and picked up a sandwich for lunch and ended back up at the church to eat in his office.

After lunch I went out and decided to weed one of the flower beds.  I was working along and as I got close to the end where we have a weeping cherry tree, all of a sudden, something flapped and flew out of there and I got just a glimpse of it's tail end as it flew around the corner.  It looked like a brown duck.  So I walked on down there and lo and behold, there was a nest with 9 eggs (at least that's all I could count in the picture).  So I ran back into the church and got my phone and snapped a couple of pictures and then went back inside.  I wanted mama duck to come back and I figured she wouldn't if I stayed around.  So I'll have to get those weeds another day.

The nest is under this tree

Close-Up of nest

She has the perfect spot (if I hadn't come along  lol)

As we were leaving awhile later (after I took a short nap in his office)  hubby drove by and could see over into the area and there was mama sitting back on the nest.  He grabbed a picture through the window of the van.  We figured she had been traumatized enough for the day.

If you look closely, you can see mama duck there
Sunday morning we went back to church and I checked as we drove by and mama duck was still there and I took another picture or two.

Close-up of mama duck's face


Hubby then recorded his FB Live sermon and we took a drive to Montgomery to find out where the office is for my appointment (mammogram and annual appointment with my surgeon) on Tuesday.  They've built a new office and I needed to know where I was going so I wouldn't stress so bad Tuesday morning.

On the way, we saw these two geese jaywalking in the street.  Fortunately hubby was very observant and was able to stop in plenty of time.  They seemed totally uncaring about they traffic and just sauntered on across the roadway.  lol

Jaywalking Geese



Sunday evening I finally finished my Disney Thomas Kinkade Jigsaw Puzzle.  That was fun, but I've had my fill of working a puzzle for awhile.



So that is my weekend in a nut shell, playing Duck Duck Goose.

Hope you had a good weekend!

Cathy

5 comments:

  1. I guess you DID have a "duck duck goose" kind of weekend! How exciting! Is there a pond or lake nearby where the duck nest is? And so many eggs! That is wonderful!! You should be watching for the baby ducklings soon! And those "jay-walking geese"...how crazy! I hope they get where they are going safely! What a great weekend! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam there is a complex behind the church that has a small pond. I assume that's where she'll take them. I checked the internet yesterday to find out how long she'll sit on them, but I have no idea how long she's been there. After they hatch they only stay at the nest about 10 hours. I'm going to have to start going by the church more often. Hope I can get a picture.

      Delete
  2. What a thrill to have discovered that nest! I do pray momma and her babies will come to no harm. Good to know (that) I'm not the only one who scouts out an unfamiliar location ahead of time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isnt it something to see how ducks & animals can blend in so well in nature. God's protection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you were busy. How does your husband feel about doing his sermon on video? That is really something about the duck. That's a lot of babies. Hope they continue to be safe in that spot. Cute puzzle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy