If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

A Sentence a Day - August 2021


 

1 - Sunday.  Church and then lunch from the Taco Truck and a relaxing afternoon and back to church.

2 - Monday.  After work hubby and I picked up groceries and put them away and then had mettwurst for dinner and I left to meet my sisters for some shopping. (finished reading A Song for Silas by Lori Wick)

3 - Tuesday. Harvested my "garden" before work and hubby made green beans and corn on the cob for dinner and I added tomatoes from my sister's real garden.

I have one tomato plant.  Not a bad crop.  lol

4 - Wednesday.  Happy Birthday to me as I've now lived 64 years.

5 - Thursday.  Work and quiet evening at home and finished reading Longhorns and Oil Wells by Jean Kuhnke

6 - Friday.  Work and then had dinner delivered from LaRosas and I had one of the best steak hoagies ever.

7 - Saturday.  Slept in and then we went to my Uncle's memorial service and later went out for a early dinner at Chuy's.

8 - Sunday.  Wonderful Sunday morning service where hubby preached on "Fixing Your Eyes on Jesus."  which is a series he is doing from Hebrews and finished reading The Long Road Home by Lori Wick

9 - Monday.  Back to work and then breakfast for dinner and out with my sisters for some Monday night shopping for the week.

10 - Tuesday.  Started a new jigsaw puzzle in the evening.

11 - Wednesday. Work, church and completed the puzzle.

12 - Thursday.  Work, fixed dinner, swept floors and did laundry and started watching the TV series Bones.

13 - Friday.  Work, Chiropractor Appointment and then quiet evening at home doing some housework, laundry and reading & TV

14 - Saturday.  Took a drive to Plain City and had lunch at an Amish Style Restaurant with hubby and his mom...food was terrific and so was the conversation.

15 - Sunday.  Church and a nice nap and I worked on some flowers and read and then back to church.

16 - Monday.  Work, grocery and  home for supper and started a new book after finishing reading A Gathering of Memories by Lori Wick

17 - Tuesday.  Work, meeting with a guy about our Deferred Comp (working towards retirement stuff) and then out with my sisters for our weekly shopping trip.

18 - Wednesday.  Work and church in the evening with a great Bible study time.

19 - Thursday.  Took the day off work and went to Columbus to make talk to a counselor about my retirement and I now have an unofficial official retirement day and now need to finish work on our insurance and then file the proper paperwork to make it official.

20 - Friday.  Work and then hubby ordered us dinner to be delivered when we got home and had a quiet evening at home.

21 - Saturday.  Hubby and I had a free day with no obligations so we grabbed lunch at Red Robin and I went in Walmart to pick up a few things and then had a Starbucks and a wonderful evening at home where we watched Twister and some of our shows we binge...oh and I also got a haircut in there somewhere too.

22 - Sunday.  Church and hubby had put a beef roast in the crockpot Saturday before bed so we had beef and noodles for lunch (and I had leftovers for dinner too).

23 - Monday.  Work where I had the last of the beef and noodles for lunch and then a quiet evening at home with some laundry and cleaning and finished reading Whatever Tomorrow Brings by Lori Wick.

24 - Tuesday. Worked and then a normal night at home.

25 - Wednesday.  Hubby's 60th birthday so I picked him up a cake but not time for celebration as I had to take my sister's cat to the vet and we had church.



26 - Thursday.  Quiet, rainy night at home.

27 - Friday.  Went to dinner with hubby's mom to a Mexican restaurant we had been to in a long time.

28 - Saturday.  A day for just hubby and me where we did nothing special, but just being together all day was special and finished reading As Time Goes By by Lori Wick

29 - Sunday.  Church with 2 really good services and a nap in the afternoon.

30 - Monday.  Got the title transferred and insurance added on my "new" van and had lunch at Fire House Subs and finished reading Sean Donovan by Lori Wick

31 - Tuesday.  Went shopping after work with both sisters.

And this is how my August went.  It was a good month.  Hope you had a good month too.  Thank for visiting.

Cathy

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

14 comments:

  1. Those are some nice looking tomatoes. I set out a fall scene puzzle to work but not got started yet. I work about 5 pieces a day, so it takes a while to complete. Congrats on your retirement plans. Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems once I start a puzzle I can hardly quit. lol Thank you and have a great day Karen.

      Delete
  2. Birthday month!!! YAHOOO
    WOW. Retirement is really coming for you... get that countdown going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you to be getting so close to your retirement date...when is it exactly? I know you are getting anxious. It will be wonderful!! Trust me!!You will wonder how you ever found time to work once you are retired! LOL. That beef roast in the crock pot sure sounded good to me. I keep waiting for them to go on sale so I can buy a good one, but they are still so high in price so we eat a lot of chicken and pork. I never thought ground beef and chuck roasts would cost twice as much as chicken or pork. I am happy you all enjoyed yours. Oh, that Amish dinner does sound SO good. I love places like that. I can't believe you did that puzzle so quickly! That's amazing. I had to give up on the last one I tried. Just couldn't work at it enough because of my neck issues, and I finally just gave up. Maybe I need to find a simpler one! LOL. I hope your September is a wonderful month for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. December 31, 2021 is my last day and first day of retirement is January 1, 2022. It was only a 300 piece puzzle so it didn't take too long to work.

      Delete
  4. How fun that you and hubby both have August birthdays!
    Sounds like you had lots of yummy meals this month. Good luck in the retirement planning!

    (visiting from the link up)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the unofficial official retirement coming! Good for you! Do keep us posted as you can! It seems like August was good to you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life has been good in August and I'm sure I'll be talking about retirement as lot in the next months. I have a countdown clock in my sidebar on the right.

      Delete
  6. It sounds like you are winding down to retirement nicely - once you've done it you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
    I can't believe you started and finished a jigsaw within 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so looking forward to retirement and think I'll be really happy with it. The puzzle was only 300 pieces, so it went pretty fast.

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday to you and your hubby; how neat that you have the same birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, it's been fun over the years.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy