If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, April 18, 2022

Bits of This and That

We had a beautiful Easter weekend, with wonderful services at church and beautiful sunshine.  Below is the pre-recorded version of our Sunday morning sermon. If you've ever doubted for a moment or longer about the truth or thought Doubting Thomas was a terrible person, I think you would maybe appreciate hearing this. 

One of his points is "Our Lord welcomes every sincere person, and invites the doubters to check out the evidence for themselves," just as He did Thomas when he told him to "reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side.  Do not be unbelieving, but believing."

Another point was "The entire Christian faith hangs on this one fact:  Jesus rose from the dead--literally, physically, bodily, visibly."  Also, he said "In the history of the Christian church, the greatest doubters have often become the strongest believers."  So check Jesus out and believe and trust in Him.

This morning hubby had to have some lab work done, so I drove him and waited in the car.  I can hardly believe it's April 18th and we're getting snow!  lol


Oh well, winter will leave soon or later.  lol

I read this in my quiet time this morning and thought I would share it here. As above said, sometimes we all have doubts, but I have chosen to trust in Jesus and I hope you have too.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day.

Cathy

9 comments:

  1. Great truth there! Sounds like a good Easter message....and who could have guessed winter again today! We had sleet earlier. But 80 by week's again. Every day...a new day:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we’re supposed to get in the 80’s too, I think.

      Delete
  2. Powerful message, and the wonderful truth from God's Word! Thank you for sharing it with us. Snow in April? Yes, I guess it happens...but not here, thank the Lord! LOL. Love the quote from Psalms 52 also. yes, we can trust in God's unfailing love and promises no matter what this world delivers. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. Thankfully there wasn’t much snow and it’s supposed to warm up this week.

      Delete
  3. My mother's most cherished holiday has become my own. How blessed to know the Lord knows our weaknesses and our occasional doubts but loves us anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great post, Cathy. And no snow here in Central FL as a matter of fact its 82* at 6:53 pm. (ducking, grinning)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that last Psalm. I choose to trust in God, too!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amen to the greatest doubters!
    I still cant believe its still freezing!!! I'm ready for the warmer air this weekend

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy