If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

Cooking

 Hi.. welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4. Link here.

1. When did you learn to cook?  Who says I did?  No, I do okay, but it's not my favorite thing.  Although, I do enjoy it more now that I'm not working.  

2.  How often in the week do you cook? 3-5 times either hubby or I cook.  Other times we just do sandwiches or something like that if we stay home. Order in? Not more than once a week. Go out? Several times depending on the week.  And this may be eating in a restaurant or ordering drive-thru and finding a quiet place and eating in the car.  We love doing the latter.

3.  Which foods are absolutely necessary at a cookout? Hamburgers and/or hotdogs.  Of course, I wouldn't turn down a good steak, but seldom get offered that.  lol

4.  Do you have a meal you are especially good at making?  or that people often request for you to make?  Not really, but I think people usually enjoy my lasagna.

Thanks for reading and the link-up, if you want to participate, is at the top.  Have a great day.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. Maybe I should try the eating in the car thing with my hubby. I don't like going to restaurants with him because we can't talk because he can't hear with all the background noise. At least we could talk in the car! Oh, and lasagna is always good...and one thing I don't make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband I really enjoy it. Sometimes we go to a park and sometimes a parking lot and it's really enjoyable. Hubby has some difficulty walking and this makes it easier on him. Hope it will work for you guys too.

      Delete
  2. During the height of the pandemic TheHub and I would grab some take out and find somewhere beautiful to sit in the car and eat. It was a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. That's when we really started it. That and the year I was taking chemo and didn't feel like going in. But since the pandemic we have kept it up quite often.

      Delete
  3. Laughing out loud at your response to #1! That's SO me. I'd like to try eating in our vehicle before the weather gets too hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I'm just so sarcastic...actually I really love to be sarcastic, but it's probably not the best thing for a pastor's wife. lol

      Delete
  4. When my husband was alive we would eat in the car sometimes too, but it was rare that we ate out.
    Cathy, I also had problems with potassium. Spinach is very high. milk is 366 mg a glass! kidney beans are over 700 a cup and lima beans are the highest and of course potatoes have a good amount too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. I knew spinach was good and I love it. I didn't realize milk and kidney beans were. Thanks so much for the information. Hopefully that will help. I never really knew I had problems until chemo and they almost delayed a couple treatments because it was too low. But they gave me an infusion and went ahead with the treatment. I have blood tests about every 6 months and sometimes it's still low. I'll start eating more of the above things. Thanks so much again Annie.

      Delete
  5. Oh, I forgot that black strap molasses provides a lot of potassium in one Tablespoon along with iron etc. and only 14g of carb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed reading your answers. We have sandwiches for dinner sometimes. We don't usually do much for lunch anyway. Mark doesn't care for lunch. I agree with your cookout foods. If the kids come over we will do steaks. They are a fun treat. Glad they like your lasagna. I need to make mine. Haven't made one in years! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun questions! It is interesting that many of us would rather not cook. LOL Have a good week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet your lasagna is good. I have never made it. My son has along with manicotti. We eat a lot of salads. We rarely have steaks. We don't eat much red meat and know it is so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We rarely have steak either but I do like it.

      Delete
  9. I enjoyed your answers....I was saying not long ago that I love cooking, but not as much now that I'm working..I just feel like I'm always rushed or trying to find simple things to cook quick, and don't really get the time to savor cooking like I used to. Maybe I need to be more intentional on weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. praise the Lord m6 SIL helped me reestablish my comments for blogging. So glad to be back in the groove! Enjoyed your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy