If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Tuesday 4

 

Blast from the Past

 Welcome back to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4..  We are glad to have you here! Link here to participate.

1.   If you had one million dollars to spend only on yourself, what would you spend it on? I would want to completely renovate our home, and then against the rules of the questions I would want to buy homes for our girls.

2.   You can do it again. What decade are you going back to and why? What's the attraction?  I have no desire to go back.  But if I were to go back, probably the 90's so I could maybe be a better mother as I think I've learned a lot that I didn't know when we were raising our girls.

3.   What's the last song that got stuck in your head? Revive Us Again, which is an old hymn that we sang last night at church.  Alternatively, what's your current favorite song?  I don't know if I'd say it's my favorite (plus it's probably at least 10-12 years old) but it is such an encouragement and makes me happy when I hear it.

4.   What items do you miss from the past and wish they were still around?  I miss some of the old TV shows and also some restaurants that are no longer there.  TV - I miss variety shows such as Carol Burnett, Andy Williams, Sonny and Cher, Julie Andrews, etc.  Restaurants - Burger Chef, the Tavern (which was a wonderful restaurant in my hometown and they had the best steak sandwiches and fried mushrooms, etc.

Thanks for visiting and if you'd like there's a link at the top to participate in the Tuesday 4.  Come on and join us.

Cathy

15 comments:

  1. I understand your comment in reference to #2...if I could back on that fateful Dec. 11---if only I could hug my son one last time...although I did and I also said I love you and he said it back...its ok...I better stop...

    Hope you have a beautiful day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I could go for a steak sandwich with fried mushrooms! I agree, those old shows you cite were all wonderful; something the whole family could watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they were and we sometimes what their Christmas shows that you can find on YouTube,

      Delete
  3. I still love the old Gospel songs. One of my favorites is Ain't No Grave by Betty Jean Robinson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, gospel music is my favorite. Always has been and probably always will be.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yes for sure old TV shows!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love "Revive Us Again!" Hallelujah, Thine the glory, Hallelujah, Amen! Hallelujah, Thine the Glory, Revive us again!!" Great song!!! Oh, I loved the old TV variety shows too. I wish they had some that were clean and funny like that again. And I love Mandisa...Overcomer is a great one. She had a lot of good ones. I enjoyed your answers. Buying houses for your girls sounds like a wonderful idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That would be awesome to buy your girls homes. Yes, I think raising my children again would be nice. I think I was a good mother but I would certainly not let other things get in the way of loving them to the fullest every chance I have. Like your answer for #4.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had rather buy my youngest a house. The others have them and he lives in NYC in an apartment . I am pretty sure I could not find him a house there fro a million though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I would do a lot of things differently as a parent if I could go back. If some things were done differently maybe our son would not be estranged from us. One nice thing about having ROKU for streaming on the TV is that we have several options for streaming the old classics and have been enjoying a lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the Carol Burnet show! I love Mandisa. I have 3 of her CD's I saw her when she was on tour with American Idol. I also read her book called Idol Eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with you about redoing house . And old varity and comedy shows.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy