If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What does the word values mean to you personally? To me, values are the code I live by.  Where did your values come from? I believe ultimately they come from God, but I was taught them by my parents.  What are some of the values that have guided you throughout your life? Love God and serve Him.  Love and help others.  Be honest. Be kind.  Be patient.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

2. Your favorite vanilla flavored something? Vanilla Bean Ice Cream

3. What's something you've seen/done recently that you found to be very difficult, very confusing, very helpful, very interesting, or very special. Elaborate. We completed our Bible Study last night. I love each one of our ladies and will miss some of them until our next study in the fall. Many of our group go to other churches and I may not see them until we gather again. I just feel so blessed to be a part of this group of ladies. So this has been very special as always. 

4. Something you own and love that is violet in color? I can't think of anything I own that is violet, but how about our lilac bushes?  They aren't blooming yet, but they are beautiful and smell wonderful when they do.  I think it's usually around the end of May when they bloom.




5. Do you have vacation plans on the calendar this summer? Actually today is the first day of our Staycation.  We will be taking some day trips around our area.  Tell us more. Today we plan to go check out the new Buc-ees in Richmond, KY just for the fun of it.  We've got 4 or 5 other places to go in the next week too.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

I love Erma Bombeck

15 comments:

  1. I told hubs earlier this week when we were talking all things yard that I need a lilac bush. I love them! We have our last bible study next week and I too will miss it. We have tried to carry on into summer in years past but it's too hard with people coming and going. Enjoy your staycation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it is to hard in the summer, but I think this year we are going to try to meet once during the summer just to be together.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your staycation. We've had a couple of "dates" to Buccees! hahahaha! It is about 25 minutes away from our house and we looked at everything. It is also a good place to people watch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to go. We went to one in Georgia a few years ago and it was amazing. Just so much stuff!

      Delete
  3. BAHWAAAAAAAAAA on the last thought (almost spat out my coffee, grin)...my thought is eat dessert first if so desired, grin. Enjoy your staycation, I hope you take photos. smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My parents would have never thought of letting us have dessert before dinner, but as my dad got older that's what he always wanted to do when he went out to eat and he always wanted to let our girls do it too. lol

      Delete
  4. I can understand you will be missing the Bible study group, but I do understand it was special being together. I've never heard of vanilla bean ice cream, honestly. It sounds delicious though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We just concluded our Bible study (Sheila Walsh, Praying Women). Aside from a recess/Brunch on May 2 we're jumping right back into the next. So hard to believe I resisted joining; truly I had no idea of the camaraderie and good conversation that exists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you live your group. Nothing much better than a group of women running hard after Jesus together.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I would enjoy a lilac bush!! Praying all the nuggets of truth and wisdom will have a lasting impact on all the ladies in the Bible study!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That is such a wonderful prayer.

      Delete
  7. Your random thought...chuckle!! Lilac is so wonderful! We get our values from the same source. Happy last few days of April to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how Buc-ees is a legit destination. I actually do think it's a little better than a Busy-Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, a lilac bush! How lovely! We can't grow them in Florida, and I miss them so much. When we lived in Ohio I sent some lilacs through the mail to my mother in Florida for Mother's Day. They were falling apart by the time they got to her, but she said she could still smell them and it made her SO happy. They were her favorite flower and she missed them so much when our family moved to Florida. When my mother died, it was in May, and we ordered a bouquet of lilacs for her Memorial Service. They cost a lot of money to have them shipped in, but it was worth every penny. I just wish she could have been there to see them and smell them. Maybe she could, who knows? I bet there are lilacs in heaven! Oh, I am glad you enjoyed your Ladies' Bible Study so much. I like the idea of there being women from other churches there. You get to know a lot of different people that way and can share different perspectives on things. I know sometimes when I am in a study with just my own church ladies I don't feel as free to express myself as I do with those who don't know me as well. I guess it's that "pastor's wife syndrome" of keeping your personal life private to your parishioners. Maybe that's just me, but I bet I'm not alone in that feeling. Okay, have a blessed and wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy