If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday Hodgepodge

 

1. What's something you've learned from a younger person? I've learned multiple new recipes from fellow bloggers that are younger...like this Chicken Tortilla Soup from Overflowing with Thankfulness.  

 2. Are you a perfectionist? No, not really.  Elaborate? I have a tendency to think well, that's not perfect, but it's better than it was.

 3. What makes you cringe? Hearing God's name being used in a cursing kind of way and especially when they say Jesus Christ.

 4. September is National Honey month...do you have bees and make your own? No. Know someone who has bees and they share? I do know someone who has bees, but I've never asked for any from them.  My dad raised them for several years and I always ate that.  Now, I just buy it from the store usually. Your favorite thing made with honey? I don't use honey often, but it's good mixed into peanut butter for a sandwich (although, I seldom do it) and I use honey when making baked beans and really love that.  I suppose Baklava would be my favorite thing with honey.

 5. Where is your happy place? With my husband.  And it's even happier when we are sitting on this balcony overlooking this scene.






 6. Insert your own random thought here.

Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

18 comments:

  1. Gosh, if I woke up to those views I'd never want to leave! Thanks for providing this link -- I'm so going to make that when our weather cools!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the way you & your husband love each other is just the cutest thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about baklava. I love that too. I cringe when I hear someone use that particular name as a swear word too. It bothers me more than most 'curse words'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with your #3 and should add it to my #3. I DO cringe when the Lord's name is used in vain. Love the beautiful ocean scenes. Wow! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your random thought from Haggai. And yes, I hate to hear the Lord's name taken in vain. I can only imagine how it must make God feel. I don't use honey very much. Once in a while in hot tea. And it also goes into the cracked wheat bread I make in my bread machine. Your beach scene is so lovely. I know you are looking forward to seeing that again soon. Looks pretty wonderful to me! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm looking forward to going back to Myrtle Beach this year.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the recipe. Great answers for what makes you cringe. That is interesting that your dad raised bees. Love your answer for your happy place. Amen on your random.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honey mixed into peanut butter - now that sounds tasty! I used to think raising bees would be fun...now I am not so convinced!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, I wouldn't want to after watching my dad get stung, etc.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed your answers. That recipe sounds good. I might need to try it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your beach pictures. We buy local honey at the Farmers Market in our city. I sometimes drink warm water with honey in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy