If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Pages

Monday, September 19, 2022

Bits of This and That

 We had a pretty quiet weekend and spent a lot of time at home.  We watched some TV and I did quite a bit of reading too.  I'm currently reading, Karen Kingsbury's book called "A Distant Shore."

Picture does not belong to me. 
Borrowed from the internet.

On Friday, a repairman came and fixed our dryer.  It quit heating for some reason and let's face it, a dryer with no heat is pretty useless.  So now, guess who'll be doing laundry tonight (as I didn't do any over the weekend after it was fixed.).

On Saturday, we picked up his mom and went to a Mexican Restaurant called El Toros and I believe all of us enjoyed it.  Then we dropped her off at home and headed to another nearby town and I did some grocery shopping.  Got just a few things.  The most important was a chuck roast and some noodles.  I was definitely in the mood for beef and noodles.  Saturday evening with continued with our Harry Potter marathon and watched #3.

Picture does not belong to me. 
Borrowed from the internet.

Hubby put the meat in the slow cooker before bed and it cooked until we got home from church.  It was delicious!  We had 2 really good services Sunday and I'll post his sermon below.  I took a short nap and then did one of my Bible Study lessons.  


Well, that's pretty much my weekend in a nutshell.  Thanks for visiting.

Cathy

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a nice weekend. Glad your dryer is fixed. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That 3rd Harry Potter book is still my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never read it, but have watched it multiple times.

      Delete
  3. Yum to that roast beef and noodles!! I read all of the Harry Potter books but only watched the first movie. Wishing you a good week ahead, Cathy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beef and noodles were very good and so easy to make. Hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  4. Chuck roast and noodles sounds wonderful; I can almost smell that wonderful aroma! So glad your dryer's working again. Having been there, I understand the annoyance.

    PS - I don't know what's going on with Blogger, but this just now showed up in my reader. Same thing happened yesterday with a couple of other blogs. (*sigh*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having issues too. Some of the blogs I read are now coming up in HTML mode. Blogger must be really having some issues.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. Have a wonderful Day!

Cathy